Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got my DS

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Lik-Sang, I hate you! Only now is my preorder being sent and they're saying that it'll be the Japanese one. Also, the Japanese onw doesn't come with a Metroid Prime: First Hunt!!! If anyone wants to sell their demo there's a good buyer right here. :D Now I've only got Pictochat and Wario Ware DS to stave me over till I get another game (my Feel The Magic XY:XX isn't available yet). :mad:

Sorry, no way id part with my demo till the full game is out ;) Also I dont think the demo has single cartridge multiplay either so you wont be able to partake in any multiplayer either...

Nintendo should have shiped the demo worldwide, bastards...

All going to plan next monday I should have Ridge Racer, XY/XX, Mario and maybe one other I cannt decided.

Wario and XY/XX are pretty similar from what I'v seen...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

had my first touch of a ds today. i liked the shoulder buttons but tbh i though the abxy buttons were real small and the casing doesnt look as cool i thought it would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

evad please stop wrecking my dream i cant wait to get my hands on this beauty walking into gamestop on east 33rd and broadway and having the pick of the litter fo games i shall be ecstatic
    brock

evad_lhorg wrote:
    had my first touch of a ds today. i liked the shoulder buttons but tbh i though the abxy buttons were real small and the casing doesnt look as cool i thought it would.

Agreed the buttons are small but not a big deal. Id prefer to play GBA games on the X/y buttons as they are on top but I cab live with it as is. Caseing would be nicer in Black and the unit is bigger then most expect.

Also thumb strap takes a little getting used to so dont jude it straight off. Iv found it best to take it under the ds and rond onto the touch screen instead of through the crack of the hinge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Rew wrote:
    Caseing would be nicer in Black and the unit is bigger then most expect.
    http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3523

Scroll down.

• Advertisement

Yeah iv seen it (hence i know it looks good in black ;) )

I reckon the photo is fake but its hard to be sure. The picture is the graphic from the front of the DS box and the silver version is widely available. Suppose it was to be expected that a black one would come out..

Id say ill buy a new black one and sell the silver when it comes out, I love my black SP.

Any sign of your DS being shipped?

Rew wrote:
    Any sign of your DS being shipped?
    If you're talking to me then no. I don't think they operate on Sundays so I'll probably get a shipment notice tonight (10 hrs. ahead) since they have now confirmed my confirmation. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Is Wario DS playable in English or is everything in Japanese?

steviec wrote:
    Is Wario DS playable in English or is everything in Japanese?
    http://ds.ign.com/articles/570/570760p1.html
    Wario Ware Touched! ships in North America early next year, but if you can't wait that long, an import isn't completely out of the question. Like past Japanese versions of the series, there are only a couple of challenges that absolutely require knowledge of Japanese text, and even when they pop up they're not hard to defeat. Cutscenes, on the other hand, are handled completely with Japanese text, so don't expect to understand everything that's going on. Not that you would if it were in English...this game's weird.

If you're talking to me then no. I don't think they operate on Sundays so I'll probably get a shipment notice tonight (10 hrs. ahead) since they have now confirmed my confirmation. :rolleyes:

Should be here in a few days then... If your anything like me the wait between shipping and ariving is the worst bit... :D

• Advertisement

LOL. Heh, thanks. Can't wait. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Just as a heads-up: Lik-Sang just opened up orders again for the Japanese version of the machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

If you order from Lik-sang how much do you have to pay in import duty or whatever? They say that your country may charge this and it's out of their control...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh <relaxed>. :p

Sweet relief. Finally after long and hard dissapointments and waiting my DS has shipped and was last tracked in CHEK LAP KOK (I choose to put on a chinese accent for that) for a HUB SCAN. Plus, since I was sent a Japanese DS, it didn't have a Metroid Prime: Hunters First Hunt, so, I got on eBay (oh wonderous eBay) and bought one. I won the auction not 10 minutes ago, for a respectable price.

Soon all will be as it should.

P.S. I don't think any Import Duty is due in Ireland. Hell, they even say on the website that games packages pass cleanly through customs 99% or the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yep... I didn't have to pay any duty. It just sat in customs for 12 hours... so don't get too excited when you see that package reach Dublin...

ok people. what's the best game any of you have played so far?

Does anyone know what the story is when Lik-Sang ask for manual authorisation of your CC?
    This is what came on the e-mail:

Your order requires a manual authorization of your credit card. This is
    carried out in order to verify your identity and to protect against
    credit card fraud on the Internet.

This process is similar to the type of verification used in restaurants
    and retail stores. Your order cannot be processed without the requested
    documents due to current billing policies.

Some of the reasons why this is sometimes necessary are:

- If you are a new customer to us, and we cannot verify your address
    electronically.

- If additional security measures are indicated, either by the product
    type, the total amount, or other factors.

Your credit card has not yet been billed. Please supply the following
    materials to Lik Sang, and we will process your order manually:

(1) A photocopy of this credit card (front and back).

(2) The card owner's signature.

(3) Write your Lik Sang order number (3****8) on the same page.

For your convenience, you may send these materials to us by E-Mail if
    you have a scanner or digital camera, or by fax or postal mail:

- E-Mail: manual@lik-sang.com
    - Fax: +852 3015 8461

Postal Address:

Lik-Sang.com Manual Authorization
    Room 2104, 21/F, Broadway Centre
    93 Kwai Fuk Road, Kwai Chung
    New Territories, Hong Kong

Your documents are safe. Lik-Sang.com is Verified By Visa and Master
    Secure participant and Verified PayPal Premier member with thousands of
    credit card and PayPal transactions every year. We are using 128 bit
    Secure Socket Layer (SSL) server connections and store data in encrypted
    format. Credit card numbers and other confidential data undergoes
    doubled security measures and is stored highly encrypted, partly outsourced
    to our payment gateway provider. Classified data is only accessible by
    the head of our billing department.

PGP Public Key (Pretty Good Privacy):
    http://www.lik-sang.com/pgp/billing.asc

*** THIS IS AN AUTOMATICALLY GENERATED MESSAGE -- DO NOT REPLY ***

Best regards

Your Lik-Sang.com Team

Anyone got this before?

No. All I know is that it has to do with confirming that your address goes with your credit card, e.g. your a thief and you're using someones creit card but not at their address (obviously).

P.S. Kirby's next post will be No. 1000! Go on ya good thing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 hpc

rainbow kirby,
    i would not sent anyone the information that they are asking for its crazy. you are better off going to ebay.

P.S. Kirby's next post will be No. 1000! Go on ya good thing!!
    And where no. 1000 went...
    A thread on AH about cheating at Christmas parties... Drunken debauchery all the way.

• Advertisement

is this the ds sold out in america like if someone went to to eb games or gamestop would they have em or is it the same as online?

If you went into the big stores they probably wouldn't have any but try the smaller stores (local ones, you know what I mean) and they'd have them.

evad_lhorg wrote:
    is this the ds sold out in america like if someone went to to eb games or gamestop would they have em or is it the same as online?

Doubt you would get one in either of those.

Mine came from Walmart. A freind got 2 yesterday in K-Mart. Id say try those as well as Best Buy and Target. Games specfic shops sold out first. In saying that new stock arives every week.

Also this guy:

http://gbatemp.m4d.sm/index.php?act=Profile&CODE=03&MID=14680

Has been sending DS's over to the UK and is matching the lik-sang price. Seems reliable, this guy in Oz got one off him.

http://gbatemp.m4d.sm/index.php?act=ST&f=29&t=22741&

Dont know if he's still doin it though...

I got it!! I got it!! I got it!! I got it!! I got it!! I got it!! I got it!! I got it!!

Woo Hoo!!

I got it with Wario Ware DS (Jap.) and a Metroid demo as well as a Feel The Magic XY:XX are on their way. :D

Wow, it's a brilliant piece. The styli are much smaller than I thought but they work fine. It's not heavy and the game carts are bloody small (and so cute). I can;t wait to play it more!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Cool... tell me more about Wario Ware DS? Looks like a great game!

Oh it is, it is. All (and I mean all) the games in it either use the stylus or the mic. I haven't used the D-pad or A,B,X and Y buttons yet. The mini- games are all new and some are very funny and stupid, like tripping up a karate guy or completely rolling a roll of toilet paper. One of the best features has to be the mini-prizes. For completing different levels of excellance you get little extras. For example: a metronome, a timer a table tennis game to be played by two people, a piano, a ling capacity measuring device, a juggling game (my favourite), a harmonic which is soooooo cool and much more. I'm really glad I got this. It's a cool game and the real challenge lies in the personal best scores. Also, the story line is fun and the characters are wild. There a re new ones as well as the old ones.

One problem though, I've already finished it. It's very short (like it's predecessors) but great fun with fair replayability.

Is the language barrier not an issue in Wario? Or can it be set to English? I know WarioWare games don't rely too much on language though....

Oh and Rainbow Kirby, you should ring up your credit card company and ask what address they have for you. I had a problem recently with a website who said my card didn't match the delivery address, when I rang up my credit card company and they had my postal code wrong. Most websites allow for minor things like that to be different, but some can be very picky.

Lik-sang started shipping DS games today... XY/XX is on it's way to me.. finally I'll have a game to put in my DS....

How much was XY/XX (inc shipping) from lik-sang? Ill need a source for games. Bro flew out today so looking forward to playing some games on sunday. Just hopeing there isn't software shortages in the US atm...

Rew wrote:
    How much was XY/XX (inc shipping) from lik-sang? Ill need a source for games. Bro flew out today so looking forward to playing some games on sunday. Just hopeing there isn't software shortages in the US atm...
    It was $39.90 for XY/XX, which I guess is about €30... and shipping is free. It seems like a fairly reasonable price.

The problem I have with with Lik-sang is resisting the urge to buy some of those super cute Gashpon capsule figures as well... I already have the Zelda: The Wind Waker set and the Evangelion set...

• Advertisement

Is the language barrier not an issue in Wario? Or can it be set to English? I know WarioWare games don't rely too much on language though....
    Wario Ware has lots of cut scene's to explain the story line (although it's not like the story helps you in the game). Every cut scene is subtitled which is annoying because I don't have an automatic Japanese dictionary that reads and translates in a few seconds. But, like all cartoons, if you don't know what they're saying and just look at the pretty pictures you'll be able to work out what's going on. My main worry is that there are funny jokes that I'm missing. :)

It's not a barrier to gameplay. Since all the mini-games are small/obvious things if you play them once you'll be ready next time if you don't complete them straight away. The little things the game shouts, e.g. cut!, turn!, spin!, hit!, count!, divide!, etc., can be done without.
    The menus aren't complex and usually have colours (red = cancal, green = select, obviously) and the option to erase all progress has a bomb beside it so... The save option has a pencil.

Advertisement