Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got my DS

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Other than the lack of metroid demo, is there any disadvantage to getting a Jananese version of the DS?

I think I can get my hands on one of these for roughly E150.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Other than the lack of metroid demo, is there any disadvantage to getting a Jananese version of the DS?

I think I can get my hands on one of these for roughly E150.

Nope their identical other then the bundled demo. €150 is a good price considering what some are charging.

Cool, i wasnt sure so decieded I best ask before I start talking to him about it.

I guess ill order it from him and buy some games from play-asia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Heya, so I pre-ordered an America DS from Play-Asia @ the end of October ($169...just under €130).
    Of course it turned out with the lack of supply for the US ones, they recommended I take a Jap one instead. The minute I changed my order last week to the Jap one, they shipped it.
    It got stuck in customs cos it was shipping by courier (they wouldn't let me select regular postage-- I think because it was hardware, but I'm not sure). Anyways the feckers charged me €38 to get it! :mad:
    I've to wait until Christmas to play it, but I had a sneak peek @ it-- it's bigger than I expected, but nice all the same :)
    I got Mario & XX/XY (both US versions), I didn't wanna risk getting a Jap Wario! None of the rest of the games interested me really...
    It ocurred to me last night when I was in bed that I never got the Metroid Prime Hunters demo. I'm a bit pissed off cos the way Play-Asia said "the Jap one is 100% identical to the US one blah blah"-- it never crossed my mind that it'd ship without the demo, ho hum!

Can't wait to play it...only another 2 weeks! :D

Try EBay for the Metroid Demo like Hugh did. Its only good for a bash about for half an hour or so but its worth having if you know sombody with a DS for for multiplayer Metroid fun

• Advertisement

Got a txt from my brother saying he picked up the 4 DS games I wanted to quote him:
    Tricky enough getting games.. not a console in sight... Games were $40 each coz they cannt keep them on the shelves! Funny coz every shop was stunned when we said we had the console [DS] & wanted to know where we got itfrom!

3 of the games should have been $30 not $40 so looks like DS fever in Boston in the run up to crimbo!

Try EBay for the Metroid Demo like Hugh did

Heya, I looked, and most of the auctions were for the DS plus demo. There were very few 'demo only' auctions, and the only one I saw that includes the box, instruction booklet etc wasn't shipping outside the US. I emailed him to ask about shipping over here, but no reply as of yet, ho hum.

3 of the games should have been $30 not $40

I think I paid $29.99 for Mario, and $39 for XY/XX on Play-Asia. Most of the games seemed to be $39 from the time pre-ordering started...

Ye, I was thinking, would it not be a better idea if I just ordered from play-asia instead of from that guy?

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-9h-70-3yg.html

it would cost the same but I might get caught with customs.

But they seem to have them in stock so would this be the best way to go about getting one?Then I could order mario and XX/XY too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

It's called XY:XX and nothig else! Get it right please. :)

Lol, its all the same, now answer my question please! :D, just be tahnkful that we got over the XX/YY stage :D

{EDIT} Ye, I think ill order this tonight or tomory morning , unless somebody can say otherwise. But if you think this will work, post here saying so :D, I dont see why it wouldnt tho, as I think they in stock and its more or less the same price as importing from the guy but a bit cheaper even(if I dont get caught on Customes)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

If you order from play asia using a courier you are gaurnteed to get caught by customs.

But if you use there cheapest shipping its unlikely to get caught, its up to you. :D

Ye iv been through all that already ;)

More than likely ill go TNT or that other one, and get the cutomes,better I get it here by X-mas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭mp3guy

i did buy me feel the magic for €27 off lik-sang...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

he guys, my sis is in usa and back next week, im not a hardcore gamer but i think i need to have this.

1) how much is it in usa ?
    2) when is it out in IRELAND?
    3)how much are the games?

is it gonna be more expensive here ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I'm heading to Florida for a week on the 21st - I'm starting to think about getting one and a few games.
    is is worth it do ye think? (getting one there instead of waiting however long it'll be)

yeah i wanna know too, whee can i get games list also. released and to be released.

US Games, look on left for Jap tab

http://www.lik-sang.com/list.php?nav=left_sub&category=274&

They will prolly be over €150 here anyway, and they about 120-130 if you get them in america (which you will NOT be able to do before X-Mas :()

I think marchish is the ETA at this stage, but NOBODY knows

Placebo wrote:
    he guys, my sis is in usa and back next week, im not a hardcore gamer but i think i need to have this.

1) how much is it in usa ?
    2) when is it out in IRELAND?
    3)how much are the games?

is it gonna be more expensive here ?
    1. I'd say about $170.00 (with inflation because of shortage although nintendo.com says they are increasing their North America shipments by 40%)

2. No exact date. It was originally thought late January but now looks like March.

3. Around $30.00 - $40.00

Games List: (US)
    Super Mario 64
    Feel The Magic XY:XX
    The Urbz: Sims In The City
    Madden NFL 2005
    Spiderman 2
    Ridge Racer
    Mr. Driller
    Rayman
    Asphalt Urban GT
    Tiger Woods PGA Golf Tour

Upcoming: (Soon)
    none

ne point asking sis to look ? shes back next week.
    crapness.

thanks

Yeah, I'd ask her to look.

Edit: (see next post)

• Advertisement

But look in the out of way places, the places most people wont be going

1. I'd say about $170.00 (with inflation because of shortage although nintendo.com says they are increasing their North America shipments by 40%)

2. No exact date. It was originally thought late January but now looks like March.

3. Around $30.00 - $40.00

Games List: (US)
    Super Mario 64
    Feel The Magic XY:XX
    The Urbz: Sims In The City
    Madden NFL 2005
    Spiderman 2
    Ridge Racer
    Mr. Driller
    Rayman
    Asphalt Urban GT
    Tiger Woods PGA Golf Tour

Upcoming: (Soon)
    none

They are $150 plus state tax unless u buy from eBay, in which case you will get ****ed.

Nintendo are releasing all the european launch details in early Jan so id expect Feb/march to be before the PSP.

Rayman is delayed till jan/feb 05. Tiger is out next week, as is sprung and ping pals.

There are loads of new releases every month starting early Jan.

If your looking to buy in the US now, try Target, Best-Buy, Walmart and K-Mart.

TCamen: The metroid demo manual is one page, the case is paper so go for any auction selling the game card and dont worry about it.

http://ds.ign.com have all the released games listed. I use www.ebgames.com for street price in the US comparsions.

TCamen: The metroid demo manual is one page, the case is paper so go for any auction selling the game card and dont worry about it.

Cheers, thanks :)

TCamen wrote:
    Cheers, thanks :)

Dodnt pay too much for it either, demo is pretty short but at least it has multiplayer if a friend has a DS...

Dodnt pay too much for it either, demo is pretty short but at least it has multiplayer if a friend has a DS...

Well I just kinda wanted it cos I was expecting to get it with my DS regardless of region, ya know? Doesn't make a huge difference to me really, I'd just like to have it :)

Definitely not gonna pay a crazy amount for it though, I mean it's only a demo, and I don't know anyone else with a DS, so multiplayer ain't really gonna figure either!

Have Metroid Prime 2 on GC for Christmas too, so I'll still get to play new Metroid regardless :p

Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt arrived today (Global Priority Mail). It's really good and tomorroe I'll get to play against my friend who has a DS (if I didn't know someone with a DS I probably wouldn't have gotten it. The little movie advert for Prime 2 is nice as well. :) I got it with the paper case and manual which are nice but you're right Rew they aren't important. The "manual" is a joke but I guess it's a legal thing that they have to put it in (with the warnings about pacemakers and caustions for epilleptics). Meh, I'm happy.

P.S. I really should start studying for my exams on tuesday - tuesday.

Im the proud owner of Mario, XY/XX, Spider-Man and Ridge Racer. Iv been jumping between the games trying to play a bit of each but they are all very impresive in their own way. Im dieing to try multiplayer on all of them now...

Sittin in a hotel in Dublin and my GF is here and she's robbed my DS to play XY/XX.

I can't wait to play Mario & XY/XX over Christmas, don't think I'm too bothered with any of the other launch games. I'll wait for US 'Made in Wario' & hopefully there'll be some other cool games in the spring to import :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

YAAAAY Got mine today! Delivery only took a day after a looooooong delay cos of paypal verification.
    Mario 64 DS is really good, has some cool minigames that I didn't know about.

I've got a dead pixel tho, just staring at me in the middle of the screen all bright and blue :(
    Anyone know what the procedure is with this, I know nintendo are happy to replace them, but I dunno how that covers importers and tbh I'd rather keep it at the moment than spend ages posting it to japan and back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭mp3guy

ha ha, i don't have any dead pixels. Theres a 1 year warrenty with the DS, so goto nintendo.com and you can send it back. But, be warned, since you'rs in imported, i'm not sure what their attitude is on it

Advertisement