Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got my DS

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Well Crimbo presies opened I now have 2 extra DS games, Asphalt Gt and Urbz expanding my collection to 7 so that should keep me occupied for a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭mp3guy

ha, the urbz, i wouldn't like to get that as a christmas present...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Got my DS yesterday with feel the magic, only game i have at the moment but should pick some up soon hopefully.
    Plenty of GBA games to keep me entertained anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

^^same, but without the GBA games :D

Got M64 and Madden on order tho :D

mp3guy wrote:
    ha, the urbz, i wouldn't like to get that as a christmas present...
    Im not over the moon with it but its worth a look I reckon. Bro is off to NYC in Feb so more games then :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

where's the best place you'd recommend to buying online??? i was looking at play-asia.com and they seem decent enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Just got a lovely surprise of a DS for Xmas - wotta wife!

Now, how do I plug it in? Don't have a charger for A GBA SP, so can I just use one of them american plug to uk plug adapters that you get in the airport, or do I need a transformer?

cheers :D

remoteboy wrote:
    Just got a lovely surprise of a DS for Xmas - wotta wife!

Now, how do I plug it in? Don't have a charger for A GBA SP, so can I just use one of them american plug to uk plug adapters that you get in the airport, or do I need a transformer?

You need a transformer if you dont want to blow everything up...

The DS charger is 110V so you need a step down transformer that goes from 220V to 110V

• Registered Users Posts: 54,341 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

bought my self the DS got it on ebay for 210 dollars thats like 150 euro its american one

cant wait its beiing airmailed over

Alot of people seem to have gotten DS's. Id say when they get their euro launch the sales figures will be mental. Hopefully this will lead to many wireless multiplayer sessions. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Rew wrote:
    You need a transformer if you dont want to blow everything up...

The DS charger is 110V so you need a step down transformer that goes from 220V to 110V

Is there any danger to the console if you use a PAL SP charger (220V) with an American DS?

No. The DS unit its self takes a standard 5.2V no matter what country its from its the charger that transforms from local voltage to 5.2v so you can use any SP charger with a DS without fear. I saw SP chargers in GAME in Blancherdstown today for about €10.

Iv an american DS that I use with the charger for the SP I bought here.

Only time PAl and NTSC is going to be a problem is if they bring out a TV tuner for the DS. But then its just a case of buying the right one for the version you have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Excellent, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Just to confirm - picked up an SP charger for €10 in Game on Henry Street - plugged it into my DS and it worked a treat! Now to find those other 149 stars ... :D

dammit ive been ring up every where about those sp chargers and no where in tipp have them

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

There's a branch of GAME in Limerick that would have them.

just like to say im a very proud owner of the DS now i just got my Ds today
    its weird at first but the 2 screens work very well

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

got my ds too from lik-sang on thurs!!! :-)!!! am well pleased with it. the mini-games on Mario 64 are a riot. well worth every cent spent!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

got my psp a few weeks ago. Have 4 games for it now.

oops wrong thread ;)

im just wondering i got my ds today its from america how can i charge it, i got a adaptor for the ameican plug is it safe to charge my ds
    hope ye can help me A.S.A.P please

• Advertisement

NO DONT plug it in to the wall its a 110v charger we use 220v at a minimum it will burn out. You need a GBA SP charger. GAME have em for €10.

Rew wrote:
    NO DONT plug it in to the wall its a 110v charger we use 220v at a minimum it will burn out. You need a GBA SP charger. GAME have em for €10.

not even if i had 1 amp 250v plug could i plug the american plug into this 250v plug then will i be able to charge it

You would need a 220v-110v transformer to use your existing charger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Haven't posted since I opened the DS on Christmas -- it's great :D

Just have Mario 64 DS & XY/XX so far, but going to NYC next week so I'll have a look, might finally pick up Wario Ware GBA if there's no DS games that grab me :)

Does anyone else find the girl in XY/XX very annoying -- I like to play the 'Scorpion' bit and continually poke her, or the minigame when she's dirty, and rub so hard it hurts her hahaha! :rolleyes:

The minigames in Mario are really fun, I find the 'Wanted' one very addictive!!

All of Luigi's card games have me seriously addicted. The poker one is good be I recko he cheats coz he always has a bloody full house. Sorting the read and balcks bombs is also very addictive.

When you finish XY/XX and get the screen where you can change the girls clothes, you can touch her up with the stylus (as my GF discovered!). Very funny.

Goldeneye is out Feb 7th but god knows what its going to be like. Im on IGN at least once a day looking for info but nothing so far...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Something tells me your girlfriend is holding sapphic tendencies. :D

Something tells me your girlfriend is holding saphic tendencies. :D
    Heh, it has more to do with her ability to find all the hidden bits in games but a few lesbians have taken a shine to her before ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

My girl has the green hair and blue dress & red shoes -- she has NO dress sense whatsoever :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

should have my ds next week, possibly tomorrow, if the girl managed to get it in the states.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭IamtheKing

Got my DS off Santy :p with Mario 64 ds and Metroid:Hunters
    demo. The mini-games on Mario are sooooo addictive. I got a
    score of 52230 on Shell Smash :cool: and 64 on wanted :cool: :cool: .

The Metroid demo rocks, especially cos it's free. Can't wait for Wario Touch.

Advertisement