Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twinkies!!

• 29-11-2004 6:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭

Who loves em and does anyone know where to get em in Ireland?? I just want one! :)

Who loves Twinkies?? :) 7 votes

I'm Smak and i want one!! :D
    0% 0 votes
    Llllllloove em!!
    28% 2 votes
    I would eat all the twinkies in the World!
    42% 3 votes
    Tasteless and horribly disgusting! *U must be mad!
    28% 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I think they aren't that great. Always wanted one after hearing all about them in TV for years. Then I tried one they were crap, much rather an eclair any day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

KittyKat wrote:
    Who loves em and does anyone know where to get em in Ireland?? I just want one! :)

Had one at the beers on sat.....ugh!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fjon

My teeth hurt just thinking about them! Horrible, horrible things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Are they those horribly sweet yellow spongey things? I tasted one in America bit it was too disgusting to swallow. Talk about an invitation for diabetes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Never tasted them so can't vote above although I have heard from many sources, not just above, that they are so sweet as to be sickening. I’d be willing to try one though so if anyone knows where to get them in cork I'll give it a go and come back with a full report :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

They're nice. I doubt you could get them in Ireland. They wouldn't last long enough to be feasible to import.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

om-nyomity. they are just the most delicious sugar sponge treat ever.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Blisterman wrote:
    They're nice. I doubt you could get them in Ireland. They wouldn't last long enough to be feasible to import.

They're rumoured to last forever, so full are they with unmentionable E-numbers (or U-numbers or whatever). Unfortuntely snopes gives lie to the myth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

They're rumoured to last forever, so full are they with unmentionable E-numbers (or U-numbers or whatever). Unfortuntely snopes gives lie to the myth.
    from that article...

"Twinkies are cream-filled sponge cakes shaped like ladyfingers which pack 160 calories per cake and are loaded with "trans fats," a form of fat which (even more so than saturated fats) raises levels of bad cholesterol (LDL) and decreases levels of good cholesterol (HDL) in the blood."

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

from that article...

"Twinkies are cream-filled sponge cakes shaped like ladyfingers which pack 160 calories per cake and are loaded with "trans fats," a form of fat which (even more so than saturated fats) raises levels of bad cholesterol (LDL) and decreases levels of good cholesterol (HDL) in the blood."
    Wow... Anything that bad for you must taste good :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Pinkchick03

I went into loads of shops in NYC asking for Twinkies and they looked at me as if I'd ten heads! Sooooooo embarrassing! Finally got to taste one there in March when an american friend of mine's sister came over to Ireland! They are yummy! Wacky Twinkie Site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Yeah, they aren't to be found on the tourist trails of New York. We went into a backstreet grocery store in NYC whilst walking to the U.S.S. Intrepid (sooo that'd be west side, if I'm correct). We had one there. Again, nothing to write home about sadly IMO. Die Hard 2 - you gave me false hope for these sponge-based treats!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Wasn't that die hard 1?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Maybe - could well've been.

I thought the cop was eating one while McClane was on the phone to him in #2 though too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭athena 2000

RuggieBear wrote:
    Had one at the beers on sat.....ugh!!!! :eek:

Ugh. Twinkie and a pint!? Nooooo. :p

We've always said that if there's a nuclear holocaust all that will remain will be the cockroaches and the Twinkie cakes. Now that's some kind of preservatives for ya!

Advertisement