Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Free Roll chips at Fitz

Options
  • 29-11-2004 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    Just wondering if any of you regulars knew what the story was with the Fitz's new free roll tournament chips. The cheap light weight slippery plastic ones. I'm guessing that they didn't have enough of the older more robust chips to cover the freerolls, sit and gos and the regualar touranments but surely they could have got a higher standard of chip. Let me know if any of you know the inside story.
    Thanks
    D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭JuliusFranco

it was probably due to the night that was in it (ie the big 270 game)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

I was talking to dave from the fitz there, he said they are using them in the freerolls from now on as some people had begun knicking the tournie chips and trying to get them into their stacks while playing...

nothing wrong with them for freeroll purposes but no way would i play with them if it was a normal tourney

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

I was talking to dave from the fitz there, he said they are using them in the freerolls from now on as some people had begun knicking the tournie chips and trying to get them into their stacks while playing...

This thought had crossed the nastier recesses of my evil mind, but the terrifying prospect of being banned from the fitz and the ire of Luke put it on the list of Things Never To Do, alongside Sleep With Your Ex or Use Ralgex For Pile Cream.

As for the new chips funniest comment I heard was "Don't open the door, if there's a strong wind blowing, I'll be All-in!"

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

yeah, icky chips but I have long thought that its not very difficult to slip in chips from the freeroll. Lots of people put their chips in their pockets when asked to move. Thats the perfect opportunity to leave a few in there during the freeroll and again when asked to move during the 270 game, simply put the chips in the same pocket and take them all out when you arrive at your new seat.

Havent played with them yet though they look nasty. Like others, I could care less about the freeroll but I wouldnt like them for the main tournies!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

Two reasons for the new free-roll chips:

1. As people have been saying, too easy to steal chips and slip them into a high buy-in tournament, where each chip has a theoretically higher value.

2. In previous months, when we would use the same chips for our free-roll, satellites, and our main 250 game, we were losing precious minutes before the main tournament started as we had to retrieve all of the chips and remake them into stacks, now we don't have that problem.

All in all, they may not be the best chips on earth, but we are still using good quality chips for our money-tournaments, and the club and the punter benefit from us having different chips for different tournies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭JuliusFranco

they're not the nicest of chips but when playing in a free game one can't really complain i suppose

and they're lucky chips for me :D

Advertisement