Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster vs Bourgoin pintage

• 29-11-2004 7:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭

Heading to this - East Terrace ticket - so if any of you boys & girls wanna meet for a pint around Beggars Bush/Slatterys area beforehand, post away. Ruggie? Jilm?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Come on up - you can help me show these Leinster supporters a thing or 2!

I think they are for South again - they had them up for the last HC game. Not 100% sure about East - but my ticket does specify standing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

Tempting :D
    ...might have to wait till the 6N / knockout stages of HC before next trip up to Lansdowne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Trojan wrote:
    I think they are for South again - they had them up for the last HC game. Not 100% sure about East - but my ticket does specify standing.

I think the seating was in because of the soccer fixture that was on around the same time...

It was nice to sit at a leinster game for a change though... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

I'll be there.....Slats sounds good to me.... :)

what's the plan?

1715 k/o - 1600 @ slatts? Maybe earlier if I get up before 2pm :)

Trojan wrote:
    1715 k/o - 1600 @ slatts? Maybe earlier if I get up before 2pm :)

yep should be able to make that...have bugger all money so i'll be drinking very very slow!!!! :D

Damn Sony and their low quality engineering... I was phone-less for about 2 hours on Sat (bloody thing is kinda working now).

Back in the good old days people used to get by without mobiles - how did they manage?

The game was pathetic, and I left at about the 70 point mark.

I will manage to make a pint in Slatts next time Peadar ;)

Al.

• Advertisement

Trojan wrote:
    Damn Sony and their low quality engineering... I was phone-less for about 2 hours on Sat (bloody thing is kinda working now).

Back in the good old days people used to get by without mobiles - how did they manage?

The game was pathetic, and I left at about the 70 point mark.

I will manage to make a pint in Slatts next time Peadar ;)

Al.

no worries. My mates left at the 50 mark....i stayed till the bitter end
    :eek:

Hah.... no excuses I'm afraid - not a thing happening Sat evening as far as I'm aware. Everyone knew - it was all over the papers Fri & Sat sure.

Wait for the huge travelling Leinster fanbase this week....

I saw bits of the 2nd half (including last 10m) of Castres - hard luck there (literally).

daveirl wrote:

Yeah....i'm not really sure about it tbh.

Nobody i know wants to go to matches at Landsdowne Road, Donnybrook is our home....it's just a money making/gouging scheme. The program costs €3 at Donnybrook....on sat the very same programme cost €4. Not sure how much extra they made coz although there were many more paying €30(!!!) for the stands...they have to get many more stewards....

9100, is a bit of a disgrace but the game was on at an awkward time, on a sat before xmas, and the real killer, it was being shown live on RTE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I was saying to Peadar that will have beers before the ulster match 2 days after Xmas. I reckon it'll be a hip flask game \o/ - I've a while to consider what's going into the flask, so I'm taking suggestions and names for those coming along!! :)

uberwolf wrote:
    I was saying to Peadar that will have beers before the ulster match 2 days after Xmas. I reckon it'll be a hip flask game \o/ - I've a while to consider what's going into the flask, so I'm taking suggestions and names for those coming along!! :)

Bugger! Just realised, i'm in Liverpool for xmas....23dec-3jan. :eek:

I much prefer 3/4 empty Lansdowne to any amount in Donnybrook. Tis a matter of preference :)

Hipflask was present and accounted for on Sat ;)

Trojan wrote:
    I much prefer 3/4 empty Lansdowne to any amount in Donnybrook. Tis a matter of preference :)
    Really? why? i just feel that yoiu get a much better view and are closer to the action at Donnybrook....

Great view from the East terrace, more room, better facilities, prefer the pubs around the locality, and it's easier to get to :)

Trojan wrote:
    Great view from the East terrace, more room, better facilities, prefer the pubs around the locality, and it's easier to get to :)
    :)
    Well... i live opposite the Beggers Bush barracks so LR is easy enough to get to and Slats is my fav pub in dublin but i still prefer to watch Leinster play in Donnybrook....Unless LR is full it's totally soulless and the facilities are pretty much the same as far as i can tell. It's just to big and the spectators are to far away compared to the small compact donnybrook atmosphere :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Hairy Homer

RuggieBear wrote:
    Yeah....i'm not really sure about it tbh.

Nobody i know wants to go to matches at Landsdowne Road, Donnybrook is our home....it's just a money making/gouging scheme. The program costs €3 at Donnybrook....on sat the very same programme cost €4. .

Mixed feelings TBH. Lansdowne is too big for Leinster games. But Donnybrook is too small. It's OK for you young guys in the push 'n shove, but if one of us old gits wants to bring their young son along, then Donnybrook is a dead loss. Unless of course you're one of the expense-account plutocracy that can afford a seat there.

I really hope the development of a new small ground at Donnybrook goes ahead. A nice 20,000 seater stadium would be intimate enough to be intimidating and big enough to accommodate people of all ages and sizes in some comfort.

It's no more than we deserve.

Because we're worth it.

Hey we could get Loreal to sponsor it.

RuggieBear wrote:
    donnybrook atmosphere :D

*snigger*

I didn't think anyone'd be brave enough put them in the same sentence... DB is just as souless as LR, and at least in LR we have the huge stands rising around us to provide a homely feeling. Ok, stretching it there, but if "atmosphere" is the only real factor, then LR wins this one hands down.

Aside: HH - don't they already sponsor BOD?

Trojan wrote:
    *snigger*

I didn't think anyone'd be brave enough put them in the same sentence... DB is just as souless as LR, and at least in LR we have the huge stands rising around us to provide a homely feeling. Ok, stretching it there, but if "atmosphere" is the only real factor, then LR wins this one hands down.

Afraid we will have to agree to disagree....perhaps we have a different definition of atmosphere...at least Donnybrook is small enough to hear what little noise is made ;)
    Trojan wrote:
    Aside: HH - don't they already sponsor BOD?
    sc_perfectlynorm.jpg
    i reckon it's salon selectives....coz he always looks like he's just stepped out of a salon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

the lads with the bodhrans are definitley adding something in fairness, new thing but you should have seen the looks the burgoine players were giving them when they started singing allez les bleus!!

So it *was* the Leinster fans singing that? I was confussed cos they had light-bluey shirts on.

In fairness, the atmosphere was particularly bad in Donners for the game I was at (Connacht).

As for being able to hear - I was clearly able to hear ref/BOD/Swervin over by the east touchline.

Trojan wrote:
    So it *was* the Leinster fans singing that? I was confussed cos they had light-bluey shirts on.

In fairness, the atmosphere was particularly bad in Donners for the game I was at (Connacht).

As for being able to hear - I was clearly able to hear ref/BOD/Swervin over by the east touchline.

Yeah....that connacht game atmosphere was a shocker alright (Admitedly there have been one or two as bad this season but most have been better). All the noise at that game was made by a group of kids in Connacht tracksuits (an under age team maybe).

I suppose i just hark back to the days when all the HC cup games were played there and the atmosphere was electric with everyone jammed in....especially when it was an english team like Leicester...

daveirl wrote:

and you know what...i bet all those corporates are from Dublin :D

Advertisement