Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frames and Links to external sites

Options
  • 29-11-2004 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭

I have to write a poxy webpage for a college assingment and I'm running into a bit of bother.
    I have 2 frames; a navigation bar and a main page. There are two links in the nav bar that link to external websites. How do I set it so that when I click them it doesn't open the new site inside my existing frames?

<html>
    <body bgcolor=#1D5DA7 link=#E8BA2B alink=#FFFFFF vlink=E8BA2B>
    <font face=tahoma color=#FFFFFF>
    <base target=main>

Obviously it's the base target=main line that is causing it, but how do I go about altering it for those two links?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

First of all, it's a really bad idea to put external links in your primary navigation. The primary navigation is a group... site visitors will assume, quite reasonably, that the primary navigation goes to different pages or sections on your site.

Instead, they will be brought to a completely new site. You don't want to give your users that sort of surprise.

To answer your original question, the code is:

<a href="url" target="_top">Link text</a>

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Thanks.
    Yeah I know it is, but it's doesn't really matter for this CA.
    I altered it anyway, so that the pages opened in a new window.

Advertisement