Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O'Gara seals Lions place with Argentina performance

• 29-11-2004 8:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭

"Discuss" ;)

Yeah, it is a little early :P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Damn Straight he gets the place....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

I don't care what is said,when a team is in trouble just look at ROG.
    The guyis an oasis of calm,has to be first choice for the Lions.
    Hodge and Wilko are joint at the mo and well Jones,still an outstanding player,
    whayou wanna look at is the definits,
    Kelly,O'Connel,BOD,The Bull,ROG and Stringer,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

Hey lads dont rule out Henson, didnt he kick 14/14 against japan? As for o Gara, his kicking mite be good but his tackling was poor on saturday, but should make the lions squad anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Nukem wrote:
    definites
    O'Kelly,O'Connel,BOD,The Bull,ROG and Stringer,

Stringer will be very very lucky to make the lions....england have a heap of quality scrumhalves as do wales and scotland.

Hayes....I'm not sure on either....

I think D'Arcy will be a definite if fit

After that, i think we have a few probables......Hickie, O'Connor (they love him across the water), Horgan, Byrne.

So i'd make it

ROG
    BOD
    D'Arcy
    Hickie
    O'Connor
    O'Kelly
    O'Connell

But remember lions tend to be very political selections and there are often ****e players selected or called up, prime example being T-bone Howe ahead of Hickie for the 2001 lions :eek:

daveirl wrote:

Ditto!

I'm just hoping he might need time to settle into a new team....but there was an article in one of the sunday papers about how the Wasps pack is probably superior to the Irish pack and with Dayglo and Worsley beside you, you have a chance to do flash stuff....

I say stringer for one point and one point only-Reliable!!!!!!
    Rarely has a cr*p game, either good or ok never bad.

Wheres Murphy :confused:,O'Connor :rolleyes: Nah common man hes had to games in the inters,You'd pick a rake of irish players that are tried and trusted and i wouldnt count on him makinf the 6nations with Quin,Miller,Leamy and Wallace all fighting fit and also Gleeson.

Dont get me wrong outstanding but all of the above have experience and will push all the way(Miller ex Lion)

Sorry EDIT:just noticed no Bull :confused: Next time watch him off the ball in the tight he is all over players,thats why is so highly rated - 20st and fairly mobile :p

Nukem wrote:
    I say stringer for one point and one point only-Reliable!!!!!!
    Rarely has a cr*p game, either good or ok never bad.

Wheres Murphy :confused:,O'Connor :rolleyes: Nah common man hes had to games in the inters,You'd pick a rake of irish players that are tried and trusted and i wouldnt count on him makinf the 6nations with Quin,Miller,Leamy and Wallace all fighting fit and also Gleeson.

Dont get me wrong outstanding but all of the above have experience and will push all the way(Miller ex Lion)

Sorry EDIT:just noticed no Bull :confused: Next time watch him off the ball in the tight he is all over players,thats why is so highly rated - 20st and fairly mobile :p

I'm just basing my selections on definites....Stringer can't snipe. every time he goes into contact he loses the ball. I agree on O'Connor but he seemingly has a huge rep in England. Personally i'd go Miller everytime...Hayes can't scrummage...there are heaps of welsh and english front rowers ahead of him in the pecking order in my opinion.....

Forgot about Murphy....can see him as a definite too.

I'm sure we will have some more and maybe some shock selections but those would be my bankers that i selected above....

• Advertisement

I dunno but we will wait and see-We have no choice :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Ok, so what effect did the Castres game have on this proposal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

what with gleeson, miller, costello to choose from why do we need a back row? :p

In fairness to ROG, without having seen teh Castres game there's a world of diff between Arg and Castres. To hockey one makes up for any performance against Castres?

Advertisement