Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

interpol

Options
  • 29-11-2004 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

play the olympia on April 6th, tixs 33 euro on sale friday......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

sweet :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Sweet!!
    xm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

eh.. sweet

:D

Yea, why not stick with the trend? ;)
    xm

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭buzzerbuckley

as a late Neil Mellor strike........ :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭buzzerbuckley

Amz will that be the night you finally seduce me or wil it be before then ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Sorry buzzer, you must be mistaking me for someone with no standards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭sodiumlightbaby

33 Euro is a f**king rip off to see this band. Dont get me wrong I love them and have championed their cause from the begining but €33 is a blatant MCD rip off. How much did we pay to see them in The Village last year...about €18 from what I can remember...ok the ambassador is bigger with more staff and higher insurance etc but it also holds a lot more people than the Village, so one offsets the other. Ok I guess Interpol's fee has probably gone up with their popularity too but when the tickets are £12.50 (€17.86) in Glasgow and Birmingham and prob about £15 (€ 21.42) in London, it's clear who is ripping us off....MCD are the modern day Dick Turpin !

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

*mumble* Bought tickets to see them in Birmingham in December, paid for flights too *mumble* :(

Oh well, guess I'll see them in the Olympia too, yay :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭miss serena

33 Euro is a f**king rip off to see this band. Dont get me wrong I love them and have championed their cause from the begining but €33 is a blatant MCD rip off. How much did we pay to see them in The Village last year...about €18 from what I can remember...ok the ambassador is bigger with more staff and higher insurance etc but it also holds a lot more people than the Village, so one offsets the other. Ok I guess Interpol's fee has probably gone up with their popularity too but when the tickets are £12.50 (€17.86) in Glasgow and Birmingham and prob about £15 (€ 21.42) in London, it's clear who is ripping us off....MCD are the modern day Dick Turpin !

Didn't MCD bring them to The Village the last time? Neway its The Olympia not The Ambassador. It is kinda waaaaaay bigger tho. But hey its not that much compared to other gigs. Groove Armada are like 44.50 and Jackson Browne played a couple of weeks ago there and he was 69 yo-yos! 33 doesn't seem so bad now!

Didn't MCD bring them to The Village the last time? Neway its The Olympia not The Ambassador. It is kinda waaaaaay bigger tho. But hey its not that much compared to other gigs. Groove Armada are like 44.50 and Jackson Browne played a couple of weeks ago there and he was 69 yo-yos! 33 doesn't seem so bad now!

Yes MCD did bring them to The Village last time and yes sorry I know it's the olympia not the ambassador, just got a bit flustered in my rage ! :o

It's not the amount of money thats annoying me...i can easily afford €33 but it's the principle and there are probably people who can't afford €33 ...i dont like getting ripped off regardless of the amount of money involved...it's just another example of the greedy money grabbing society we live in in Ireland today unfortunately and it'll will never change as along as people pay the prices...why should it ?

£ 12.50 (€ 17.86) to see them in Glasgow or Birmingham
    £ 18.50 (€26.42) to see them in London
    € 18.00 to see them in Milan and Rimini
    € 18.83 to see them in Munich
    € 23.40 to see them in Berlin
    € 22.20 to see them in Madrid
    € 29.70 to see them in Paris

I rest my case... :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭miss serena

Yeah I know its a balls, but sure we do live in the most expensive place in Europe. Tis the sacrafice we've to make for living in this lovely(?) ****y, I mean, city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭kirn

fookin deadly.
    yay!
    i will poop myself at this.
    does nayone wann lend me €33?
    its for an eh.. operation...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

should be a great gig alright altough the tickes are steep not as much of a rise as snow patol whos ticket price trippled in just over a year

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Neuro

Happy days! A great band although Antics isn't as good as Turn On The Bright Lights in my opinion...

Neuro wrote:
    Happy days! A great band although Antics isn't as good as Turn On The Bright Lights in my opinion...
    I completely agree. :(
    xm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

memaeve wrote:
    I completely agree. :(
    xm

nah, certainly didn't let me down, i'm as hooked on it as i was Bright Lights,
    some of the beauty from Bright Lights like Leif Erikson isn't there but there's a lot more groove goin on with Antics that makes me wanna dance! Standing tix for me please :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭butterfly

hurray!!! huzzah!!
    yay big yay, that's phantastic, absolutely positively, hurray!!! i'm so happy!!!!

GO INTERPOL!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I hope they play most of the first album, although I know that probably wont happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭The Weatherman

I'm going, i'm going, i'm going! Such good news.

I hope they play most of the first album, although I know that probably wont happen.

I'll have my fingers crossed for that too. :confused:
    xm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

memaeve wrote:
    I'll have my fingers crossed for that too. :confused:
    xm
    I think most people will.

Advertisement