Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting from Heuston to Connolly railway station?

Options
  • 29-11-2004 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭

Bearing in mind that I haven't been in Dublin for nearly ten years, can anyone direct me of the fastest way to get from Heuston to Connolly railway station? Is there a Luas or Dart line that can help me out or am I forced to use the county's wonderful taxi service? Any suggestions on what's there to do over Chrimbo wouldn't go amiss either.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

you get on the luas right outside heuston station and it goes to connolly station

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Super :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 dubadub

In future. Dublin Bus is better. Just outside the train station Bus 90. And its free. Forget about the Luas-Speed. Its slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,369 ✭✭✭✭Victor

dubadub wrote:
    And its free.
    No it isn't, however, you can ask for a through ticket to Connolly when you buy your ticket at your point of origin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 bobsyouruncle

The 90 bus is much faster cheaper and more frequent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

The 90 bus is much faster cheaper and more frequent

At peak time the luas is quicker, but it will be so packed you won't get on it.

The 90 is more frequent and theres loads of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

All those buses whizzing around the place put me off, I was afraid I'd end up in Tallaght God forbid ;) Took the Luas, damn thing was packed but I made it anyway. One thing that struck me was how easy it'd be to jump on without paying for a ticket, is that a common occurance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

There seems to be lots of inspectors. I've seen a lot of people get caught and its a big fine too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 DublinJay

Advertisement