Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sun dried tomatoes

• 29-11-2004 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭

I bought a packet of Roma sun dried tomatoes recently. It said on the packet to leave them in warm water for 15 mins or so before use and I did this but they were still pretty dry and tasted a bit strange. (Very different from the sweet, shiny sun dried tomatoes you get in bagels from delis).

Where did I go wrong? Or is it that the sun dried tomatoes they use in delis are full of preservatives and colouring?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

nicest sun dried tomatoes I've ever had.. English Market in Cork.. the olive stand place.. yum yum yum!! and their feta cheese too...

oh I miss Cork :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Were they stored in oil?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

yep I think so, though not much oil.. they sell semi-sundried and sundried..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

try a health food shop tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Simu you can leave them in the water until you think they are ready, it sounds like they were not left in for long enough. Personally I would taste test them along the way to know when they are ready. They wont have quite the flavour that the ones stored in oil will though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I wouldn't recommend Roma anything, it all tastes strange, IMHO.

Advertisement