Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stats Monday!

• 29-11-2004 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

daveirl wrote:

I always find these rankings a bit dubious.

I thought we had gone up to 5th in the world.... :confused:

As for the club rankings...well i'm assuming they are taking into account the old celtic league fixtures, so Munster and Leinster's second strings are doing ok.....ask anyone in the top 10 who they would least like to play from the bottom 10 in a HC match and my money would be on Leinster! But then i'm totally biased :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

daveirl wrote:

Looks like Leinster lost a game in 2003 and plummeted from 3rd to 27th.....wonder which game that was.....? :confused:

EDIT: From the start of this year we dropped 20 places in 3 months or so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

To say im dubious is very far,i dunno i really dint rate the internationals.
    France demolished by Nz and beaten well by Arg and us beating two high ranking teams ;)
    I really dunno.And Munster and Leinster :o
    Doubt they take into effect the ratio of matches and opposition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

daveirl: you're a true geek.

Was anyone listening to Newstalk106 about 7.30 last night? They had RoGo interview, and more relevant to this topic someone did some magic numbers which concluded that on the basis of a 2 tier structure, 2 pts for beating top tier, 1 for 2nd, that Ireland is now the top ranked team in the world after the autumn series. Argentina cannot catch us, despite their game against SA next week. Gotta love it :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement