Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SSIA windfall

Options
  • 29-11-2004 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Does anyone have sugestions about what they might do when their SSIA's mature in 2007. Any information would be greatly appreciated as im cuurently undertaking an assignment entitled 'What to do with your SSIA Windfall'.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭ArthurDent

Suggest you do a google search into back articles of the Sunday Business Post and the Sunday Times - there's been several articles in the past couple of months on this topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

investor wrote:
    Does anyone have sugestions about what they might do when their SSIA's mature in 2007. Any information would be greatly appreciated as im cuurently undertaking an assignment entitled 'What to do with your SSIA Windfall'.

2007?!

some of us didn't leave it until the last minute to sign up:rolleyes:

- mine is maturing in May 2006 and I'm planning a trip to the World Cup in Germany.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

I think I heard something a while back that the government are thinking about setting up another scheme for people to inject their SSIA windfalls into!!

If I only dreamt that, I'll be putting it into a pension plan or a high yielding savings account!!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭kaiphas

There was an Economist on Sunday Business Show who reckoned that the Government will have to put in place additional schemes to cope with the various windfalls. Pensions would seem to be where the smart money would be. Expect prices of long haul fancy holliers and cars to sky rocket as people have more disposable income.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

atm i think i'll probably plow most of mine into a pension scheme, especially if the gov set up one with good incentives as a result of the amount of money thats going to flood the economy when the ssia's mature.

• Advertisement
Advertisement