Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Games

Options
  • 29-11-2004 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

As I've just moved, I came across my collection of PC games from way back (I was abroad for a while), and I've been playing on my dedicated games PC. Anyone remember RollCage (and RollCage 2); Hi-Octane; Constructor; Theme Hospital?

Not that old in the grand scheme of things, in that you don't need a dos emulator to play them (I played the original Champ Manager for a little while), but still as much fun today as the first hour after I bought them all those years ago :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Theme Hospital's great. Haven't played in a long time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Rollcage and Rollcage 2 were both great games. Criminally underrated by lots of people.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Me remembers a time that time forgot; turn up the temp so you'd get more money from the drink machines; Theme Hospital was great alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

i'd love to be back playing Planescape: Torment for the first time. I reckon its still my favourite of all time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Khalim

old games?

my personal favourite is Ultima VII, but for games that runs without the need to run emulators or tweaking the settings - I'd have to say Fallout. I love that game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Agent Orange

Monkey Island 2 will always have a special place in my heart...

monkey2new5.gif
    stans2.jpg

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis kicked ass too. As did The Dig, Full Throttle, Secret of Monkey Island, Grim Fandango... all of Lucasarts adventures really. You people should really play both immediately if you haven't done so already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Little Big Adventure :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Bass.exe

My favourite retro game of all time is Frontier: Elite II.
    It was just.. so.. good!

Edit: K240 was pretty fun too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Monkey Island 2 will always have a special place in my heart...

monkey2new5.gif
    stans2.jpg

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis kicked ass too. As did The Dig, Full Throttle, Secret of Monkey Island, Grim Fandango... all of Lucasarts adventures really. You people should really play both immediately if you haven't done so already.

Aye had a big discussion recently about the amazingness of ye old point 'n clicks

All the lucasarts games and broken sword 1 and 2 got a good mention

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Ah, point 'n' clicks. I recently got Grim Fandango (3 for 2 in Game) and was duly very impressed by it. All the stuff that made Lucas Arts games great (Tentacles, anyone?) really came together in this one.

I took 2 sickies just to complete it.

I'm playing the original Rollercoaster Tycoon right now, although it's somewhere spoiled by the fact that i have RT3 installed, just begging to be played.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Jaysus i must have a look in game and see whats there to be picked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Quite a few old gems to be had in them thar budget ranges...

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Trine

Bass.exe wrote:
    My favourite retro game of all time is Frontier: Elite II.
    It was just.. so.. good!

Edit: K240 was pretty fun too.

You said it, Frontier: Elite II is by far my favourite retro PC game. And it's funny how recent titles like Freelancer don't even come close to it. Or even close to the original Elite I use to play on the BBC Micro for that matter. Ah the memories...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Gossip_girl

My personal faves have got to be theme hospital and the whole RCT series. The are so good that they even stand up to recent releases. And the expansion packs, don't even get me started on the expansion packs...

Advertisement