Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Golf Mk 5 noisy brakes ?

Options
  • 29-11-2004 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭

anybody out there got any help with this. the front brakes on my brothers Mk5 are really noisy at only 3600 mls. the main dealer is as usual no help.
    any ideas ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

They are just dry, lubricate them. Heavy duty grease I reckon would be best. Absolutely guaranteed not to squeak.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Just to clarify John R's advice - lubricate the back of the pads (non-disk side). Don't put any lubricant on the disk side as it tends to increase braking distances a bit!
    This all involves removing the wheel, then the calipers and then the pads. Use copper grease or some high temp grease on the back of each of the 4 pads.
    If you are not 100% sure of what you are doing then pay someone who is to do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

I had a noise like this on my Colt, turns out a tiny stone had got stuck in between my brake pad and the disc.

Advertisement