Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router Setup

• 30-11-2004 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭

I've got a Digiweb DSL Belkin wireless router, PC and samsung wifi laptop - all working well. Setup of the router just involved hooking the router up to the PC with a CAT5 cable and popping in the supplied disc.

I've got two friends looking to get a wireless router. They only have laptops (no PCs). How do I set up the router? Do I just configure it using a CAT5 cable to the laptop then plug out the laptop?

Also has anyone any experience of using this

Belkin 802.11g Wireless Network Access Point

to extend the range of a a belkin router?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Zenith74

I don't have any experience with the Belkin specifically but yes you'll generally want to use a CAT5 cable to configure the router's wireless settings and go from there. Make sure you setup at least some basic security (WEP or whatever takes your fancy) on the wireless network, there're a scary number of unsecured networks around, just try driving around one of the industrial estates with a laptop sometime ;)...

Advertisement