Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to meet other seasoned professionals for starting business.

Options
  • 30-11-2004 1:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

How does one meet other people / business partners to start a business. ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭MG

Some more info required.....

Do you have an idea and want a business partner with complementary skills in order to have a better package?

or

are you trying to network with fellow but more established professionals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 JerryMcguire

Network with one or two guys that has similar skills and some complimentary ones.

But the most important skill ambition and self belief.

Not looking for the guy who only looks for "killer app".

Looking for guy who is working, and who is genuinely interested in developing/building a business.
    Enter an area of business which is not mature but expanding fast, part time,
    devlop a flavour of an existing product. Make some sales. Develop product further. and find niches... expand

Looking for committed self-confident partner who works in software / computer related area.

I would suggest an ad in a trade mag. Most professional bodies have their own monthly rag.

Alternatively talk to contacts in an informal way in the some small private equity houses/big accountancy firms or consultancy firms. Usually someone there will give you an informal half hour to discuss your idea and give you some leads, especially if contact is made through a mutual friend.

Personally, I am also thinking about looking for someone with a good idea to work with in the Munster area but haven’t done anything about it yet.

P.S. I didn’t discuss this with you last night in a hotel did I?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

There is a club that meets every week in Reynards but I just cant think of the name of it. It was mentioned on Down to Business on Newstalk a few weeks back.

Might be worth giving them a call- I think its run by some Aussie guy.

MG ... You did not meet me in Hotel.

• Advertisement

80 Project ...
    Can you think of their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

if you have an accountant, he/she should have good circles of people that you can click with to do business.

MG ... You did not meet me in Hotel.

Dirty mind ...........I discussed a similar topic with someone the other night at a conference .......has the same initials as you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Rumblefish

there are several ways

1. contact enterprise ireland with you business plan - they can pair you with either similar entrepeneurs or a 'business angel' who may introduce you to others.

2. contact the VCs in Ireland - Trinity Venture Capital etc

3. Network - www.firsttuesday.ie - run monthly events for entrepeneurs to meet with investors

4. online network - the best i've found is www.linkedin.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

80 Project ...
    Can you think of their website.

Sorry Cant think of it- Its annoying me now becuase it sounded like a good craic. Maybe Call up Renards and ask them what the name of the group is called.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Try www.lunch.ie - clever way to meet people and gain on their knowledge and experience. I think there are a few networking sites/clubs on the net too.

Advertisement