Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't stop listening to this song...

• 30-11-2004 1:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

Inca Roads (Zappa) has got to be one of the best songs ever. Pointless thread i know but someone must agree with this...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Kilgore-Trout

Inca Roads (Zappa) has got to be one of the best songs ever. Pointless thread i know but someone must agree with this...

Most definitely!!

IMO, that has to be in the top 10 greatest Zappa songs and is probably, as you say, one of the all-time greatest songs ever ever!

what a guitar solo :eek: . RIP Frank, we miss you dearly.

Imagine what music would be like nowadays if frank was still alive and also try to imagine what sort of music he would be playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Hopefully he would have broken his synclavier :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Bela Fleck

Doctor J wrote:
    Hopefully he would have broken his synclavier :D
    Oi!!!
    G-Spot tornado rules!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭crowl

would anyone recommend a good frank zappa album to get for christmas, the only one i have at the moment is 'Have I Offended Someone' and I'm really enjoying it but there are so many ones out its hard to choose. thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Hot Rats is mostly instrumental but is my favourite Zappa album.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

oh, i havent listened to inca roads in ages but is a good un,i seem to remember seeing a "video"(live performance & claymation) for this song a couple of years ago?

Zappa was the man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭ZappaFrank

Hello, Time for my first post. Didn't expect to find any Zappa fans so quicky. How much do you like Zappa? I'm a keen Zappa collector with over a 100 cds and dvds. Inca Roads is awesome but Watermelon does it for me everytime.
    If you're a true Zappa fan you'll know the answer to this question. What have all the Title tracks in the "Shut Up 'n Play yer Guitar" series got in common?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Kilgore-Trout

ZappaFrank wrote:
    Hello, Time for my first post. Didn't expect to find any Zappa fans so quicky. How much do you like Zappa? I'm a keen Zappa collector with over a 100 cds and dvds. Inca Roads is awesome but Watermelon does it for me everytime.
    If you're a true Zappa fan you'll know the answer to this question. What have all the Title tracks in the "Shut Up 'n Play yer Guitar" series got in common?

I'm a MASSIVE zappa fan!
    at last count(about 3 weeks ago) i had 60 albums, 5 dvds, posters, tab books, tapes, bootlegs, magazine articles etc.

However, i'm afraid that i don't know the answer to that question!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭ZappaFrank

Hello mr Trout. As you know Shut up and play my guitar is 3 albums of Guitar Solos. The Three title Tracks "Shut Up and Play My Guitar, Shut Up and Play My Guitar Some More And Son Of Shut Up And Play My Guitar" are all solo's taken from "Inca Roads", Nice bit of "conceptual continuity" for ya.

How many boots you got? I've over 25. Where you buy your boots?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Ah the great Frank Zappa!I think the best way to approach zappa is to think that theres something for everyone,just to find it. Its very hard to like everything that he has done as there is so many different styles and albums, but theres so much good stuff out there, i buy an album every now and again because it takes awhile to get into some of them.I love the madness and the cleverness and the innuendo all rolled up together!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

hehe thread dredger-upper...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

apologies, i didnt realise the thread was so old!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 golly-pop

What a brilliant name for a buried thread dredger-upper!! Thanks for reviving it, - you've made me sus out some Zappa stuff on youtube and I've got to say I want to hear more.:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Advertisement