Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question?

Options
  • 30-11-2004 2:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Who would win in a fight: a shark or a bear?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Well if it was sharkie from sharky and george and yogi bear i would have to go with yogi. However jaws would probably beat yogi. That said, should the polar bears from coke decide to get revenge, they would no doubt beat jaws by a long shot.

But at the end of the day, bears in general would beat sharks, by 42,900,000 to 10,400,000 and heres the proof

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Where would they be fighting. It'd all be a question of terrain you see. Which could out-breathe the other. The only way to make it fair would be to have them fight in a vacuum. That'd have the undesired effect of them both being dead before anything could even get started. Hmmm. A conundrum indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭kaiphas

Unless of course this is a veiled reference to American Football teams and then obviously the loudest, fattest and thickest will win (and we'll all have to put up with Michael/Janet Jacksons knockers at half time).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

The bear. Shark can only open their mouths at certain angles to bite, and the bears shape would hinder them a whole lot.

go roald dahl

....well, this is presuming you've either given the bear the ability to breath under water or the shark the ability to breath out of water, and the shark the ability to walk, or the bear the ability to swim well...cause otherwise it's just really really stupid.

Where would they be fighting. It'd all be a question of terrain you see. Which could out-breathe the other. The only way to make it fair would be to have them fight in a vacuum. That'd have the undesired effect of them both being dead before anything could even get started. Hmmm. A conundrum indeed!

I'm starting to like you a little. You make sense.

You mean you haven't all along?! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Well, I have to agree with Dave. Giving the bear scuba gear would encumber him too much, and plus its far too easy for the shark just to attack the scuba gear and disable the bear.

Which reminds me... read The Life of Pi. Contains an excellent fight between a small shark and a starving tiger. Makes you think about animal fights in a different way.

You mean you haven't all along?! :rolleyes:

*cough*

*cough*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

i dunno, it would depend on the type of bear, for example these three simple rules are given in canada:

1) if you see a black bear, walk slowly away as it won't harm you unless frightened

2) if you see a black bear, run as fast as you possibly can as he will probably kill you

3) if you see a grizly bear, don't do anything, 'cos no matter what you do it's the last thing you'll see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

i like bears

I like Canadians...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Half-Bicycle

Hello there. Is it a fresh water shark? 'cos that could creep up to the bear while he was searching for some fish and all manner of blood-letting could ensue...

Like that John West Tinned Salmon ad, in which the man and the bear do radical kung-fu over the salmon! I like that ad.

I like bears too. I also like Canadians. In a stew or on toast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

mmmm..fight

Wait a second...
    jono087 wrote:
    1) if you see a black bear, , walk slowly away as it won't harm you unless frightened

2) if you see a black bear, run as fast as you possibly can as he will probably kill you...

?

Also
    ...radioactive radiation...

??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭lemur option

The shark would be to hugry as someone stole his picanic basket
    The bear can't breathe underwater
    the shark has no feat so can only bite and flail
    the bear has no access to rubber bands but if he did oh god the fight would be a sinch
    the bear is fat
    the shark is laughing cause i called the bear fat
    the bear hits the shark between the eyes (instant kill)
    I have your winner

THE BEAR

so when you see a bear don't call him fat or hell ahhhhhhha hes after me

ow ow ow I need that leg thank you very much ooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww

the bear list

4) bear plus shotgun equals bad combination

5) teddy bears will stare forever (until they strike!!!! )

6)eat before you start fight do not bring picanic basket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

The shark obviously. He's got huge scraggly teeth!

Actually, I don't care. I'm just killing time in a free computers class. WHEE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

my bad: sozz

1)if you see a brown bear, , walk slowly away as it won't harm you unless frightened

2) if you see a black bear, run as fast as you possibly can as he will probably kill you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 LakeHMM

kaiphas wrote:
    Unless of course this is a veiled reference to American Football teams and then obviously the loudest, fattest and thickest will win (and we'll all have to put up with Michael/Janet Jacksons knockers at half time).

heh? Michael Jackson's? Ooooh, you must mean these:
    diva_pic.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭americanCat

hmm..that depends on the type of shark...if it was a great white and a polar bear... i think the great white would prolly win.....(and the michael jackson picture is downright horrifying! O_o *twitch twitch*)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

this whole shark vs. bear thing has been nagging me for ages so i decided to take matters into my own hands.it was all going well until the shark and bear refused to co-operate.so in an attempt to end this stale mate i got down the encouragement stick.they didnt take too kindly to being prodded so they teamed up against me so one thing lead to another and i ended up in a tree.
    so i shot the shark(coz everyone knows that bears cant climb trees.or is that can.) and the squirrel snitched to the ispca,the bastard. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Stephen Forde

and people said i contributed nothing to this forum!

And your point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

And those people were right

Back in your hole cork-boy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Stephen Forde

i wasnt even gonna reply! You dont have much to say for yourself raph.
    U better not entice me or ill use abbreviations or sumthing to that effect.

dont provoke him, hes not kidding!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

calm down the lot of you, we dont want a repeat of the usual flaming.

now back to whatever the topic was.

calm down the lot of you, we dont want a repeat of the usual flaming.

now back to whatever the topic was.

whats this we business?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

ColHol wrote:
    whats this we business?

we meaning a general everyone around, I'm sure everyone is tired of the same old flame wars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I'm inclined to agree, there. It's just the same arguments over and over, and it's evident people are not going to change their behaviour...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement