Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making this code Mozilla compatible

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

The Javascript code looks like it only checks "document.all" and not getElementByID (or whatever it is called). Maybe Mozilla doesn't set 'document.all' (might use document.layers). As a result the script would not be bothering to try support Mozilla.

You could look at overLIB (http://www.bosrup.com/web/overlib/) which creates tooltips. You have tons of control over the look and content. It works in Firefox and I assume IE. Since the data in your windows (mission statement and Welcome message) is short enough, overLIB might be suitable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Ya I looked at the overlib stuff already, but it proved inadequate for the volume of rubbish I wanted to display. Plus the popup pages may need to be edited by non coders.

Oh well, it *almost* works as it should, t'will do!

Advertisement