Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB newbie Q

• 30-11-2004 10:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭

I have IOLBB at the mo but I'm thinking of changing to IBB to avoid paying eircom line rental. Do both IBB packages involve having an antenna fitted or do I just need the modem for Ripwave. Also will I be able to connect my wireless router to IBB or will I need it?? I have a wireless card in the laptop....sorry if this has already been asked! :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

If you want the breeze package, you have to fit an antenna on the roof. Not sure about Ripwave though. It depends on what kind of wireless router you are using. You probably need a wireless router or some sort if you want to connect to your laptop that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

I don't know about Breeze but don't bother with Ripwave - it's really dire unless you're living about about eight feet away from the transmitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Big P

altho technically I'd agree with you on Ripwave being pants, it does have many advantages over standard ADSL lines. And lately a friend of mine has been getting high 40kb's-50kb. And my EsatBT only gets a maximum of 53.8KBs.... Kind of worrying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭tk123

When you guys say it's crap do you mean for gaming? - i'm more of a surfer with the occasional download thrown in. :D It's just that theres a bit of a "dispute" abt the phone line at home so I reckon cutting it out of the picture is the way to go. I'm paid up for IOL until xmas eve - do you know what the waiting time would be to have the antenna fitted? I know I could ring IBB to find out but i'm really busy in worky!

It takes about 5-6 weeks to get them to installed it although they say its going to take 2-4. One thing about IBB is that to get to their customer support be prepared to wait up to 20 minutes on a 1890 number. Can be costly on a mobile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭tk123

hey can anyone tell me what the Breeze installation involves - is it just the antenna or do they do stuff inside too??

Basically installing the antenna and then wiring it down to your place. Installing a modem in your place. They had a slight problem with mine, probably because it was raining but it took them 3-4 hours.

Advertisement