Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two Red Aces

Options
  • 30-11-2004 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭

Hi Ladbrokes .50/1 6 seater.. $100 max
    I have about $180 and have everyone at table covered.
    Villain is very very loose preflop. But has has stolen alot of pots with pot size bets.

Hero posted small blind ($0.50)
    > villain posted big blind ($1)
    > Game # 148,160,823 starting.
    > Dealing Hole Cards
    > jasalp folded
    > jagbluffar called for $1
    > DrPat folded
    > Hero raised for $4
    > villain called for $3.50
    > jagbluffar called for $3.50
    > Dealing the Flop(5¨10©10¨) 2 Diamonds on flop
    > Hero bet for $12
    > Villain called for $12
    > jagbluffar folded
    > Dealing the turn(5©) Two pair showing and a second club
    > Hero bet for $21
    > Villain went all-in for $65.24
    ??????????????????????????????????
    What would you do and why?????????????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Hard to tell what he's got, because he has just called all your bets.

Is he on a daring steal? When he calls the way he did, I would put him on 2 broadway cards, or a small pair. K,10 or pocket 66 would be my guess. Without knowing more about villian, it's hard to tell if he's just milking you with a third 10 in his pocket. This would be what I do. You have 37 Eurons in the pot, do you want to meet him and double up? Tricky. I'd walk away from this, it stinks of something.

Checking the turn or river might have given you an idication of what he had.

But I'm crap, so I dunno.

Summary: Probably fold to any half decent player.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

I'd be worried about him having A5 or maybe K5, possibly suited. Judging by what you said about him being very loose preflop. I'd fold going just on what you've written here but playing you would probably have more info on the player than what you've said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

5 10? poss anytwo Diamonds /Clubs or maybe Qd 9d? tough call, hes jus following u. Me i like Flush draws(too much it would seem :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭AmarilloFats

> Hero called for $44.24
    > Dealing the river(A©)
    > Villain shows Two Pair, Tens over Fives (he turned over 67 diamonds for the flush draw)
    (10©10¨5¨5©A©)
    > Hero wins $165.98 with a Full House, Aces full of Tens

As I said he was a very poor player. The range of hands i had him on were JJ QQ, any 10, or what he did have, a flush draw. I don't think he would have called my flop bet with a bare 5. My turn bet was a blocker bet..ie enough to stop him bluffing but small enough that I was not pot committed. The Ace on the river was inconsequential.

Watchya think????????????????? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭AmarilloFats

BTW>>> The villain constantly slowplayed any decent hand from 2 pair to full house....I am almost certain he would have just called my turn bet if he had a Ten..I wont pretend that came into my thinking at the time. It did not. Maybe next time

• Advertisement
Advertisement