Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IrelandOffline on Newstalk today at 13.30

Options
  • 30-11-2004 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭

IrelandOffline may be on Newstalk today around 13.30 to talk about the ForFas report that was published yesterday.

We've got our fact sheets ready but if anyone has suggestions, post them here.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Damn I've no headphones. Tell me what happens!

IrelandOffline aren't on yet, but Kiberd just read out something rude by mistake... :)

Something about BB coming up after the break now.

Excellent, cheers for the updates Adam :)

• Advertisement

It's Damien and some chap from IBB. The usual fare, line quality, unbundling, etc. Chap from IBB is being increasingly rude, refuting Damien's statements and making entirely silly comments in a blatantly transparent attempt to whore the company rather than try to highlight the very serious underlying issues. I'd be surprised if, you know, IBB wasn't a sucky hack of a company that lies to the press all the time.

adam

All over now. Chap from IBB completely ruined the opportunity for IrelandOffline. Muppet. Good effort though Damien, well done.

adam

Bah. Reminds me of the chubby guy in the comentators box during the irish rugby matches, cutting off the New Zealand guy the whole time. Anywho, cheers for that adam. Were they giving out about the unbundling percentage?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

IBB was definitely being pimped bigtime by the guy from IBB... Interesting conversation though and its good that its being discussed on a radio station as well with a good listenership...

IrelandOffline guy was good as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Ah. it's Paul's job to sell his product. Nothing wrong with that. IBB are nice people :) , we met them on Friday to have a chat.

It was a different interview to what I was expecting. I thought it was going to be more about Forfas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Email your comments here: lunchtime@newstalk106.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Well done Damien .. agree with Adam that Paul was too pimpy to be considered impartial to the debate, but you still got the solid facts across, which rose above the pimperage! MP3 snip download available for your listening pleasure, from the IoffL article

damien.m wrote:
    Ah. it's Paul's job to sell his product. Nothing wrong with that.
    In a paid advertorial, sure. Anyway, again, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

Paul Doody,

did make a valid point in that we need to ensure we are comparing like for like when talking about BB prices across different countries. Does anyone have a table of what the prices around Europe are for say a 512k connection with a 48:1 contention ?

It was a good piece in that it further educates people about what the issues are. It was interesting to hear IBB trying to prevent any further decline in prices by saying that it threatened further investment.

M.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭MrShadow

on the point of esat offerring 500k serivce and only getting 60k

From my understanding that person was asking about 512 thosand bits per second and then wondering why hes downloading at what it says 60kbps and not realising that when hes downloading its in bytes as opposed to bits 512k = 64KBps

Eircom made this mistake before in some of their adds on their internet site showing people with broadband downloading at 512 kilo bytes equivalent to a 4meg line.

Advertisement