Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xmas pressie for a daddy?!

Options
  • 30-11-2004 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭

Hey all, just though i'd post up here to see if anyone had any ideas on what to get the old man for christmas?

It has to be something to do with DIY, say like an electric tool of some sort of a gadget, something that will come in handy around the house. i can think of loads but he has most things so just wondering if you guys have any ideas???

Last year i got him a Black and Decker Scorpion saw and he loved it, but i'm at a loss at what to get him this year.

Cheers

(olin.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

That Black and decker folding work table , great to have and folds up into your pocket :/

About 80 in B and Q.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

How about a Dremel and a few accessories. Keep him busy for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

He has both! cheers for the suggestions tho, i'm sure there's plenty of people wonderin what to get their old man this christmas!

Farlz

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Depending on what he is into, he might like a digital micrometer.
    Handy if he is into metal work for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

GreeBo wrote:
    Depending on what he is into, he might like a digital micrometer.
    Handy if he is into metal work for example.

On a similar note, would be a digital multimeter, far safer than a phasetester, for those electrical jobs.

Dads eh? The worse people to buy for :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Borzoi wrote:

Dads eh? The worse people to buy for :)

I'll get mine a nice new fishing rod & reel and when he gets bored of it, which will be very quickly, I'll be there... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Train set obviously. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

how about a wood carving tool set.. it's something different and could be a good new hobby.. if he hasn't got it already!!

;)

All good suggestions, especially the train set but that would lead to no work getting done next year!

I'm trying to get something practical that will be used, he's big into DIY etc, so thats why i'm looking for some sort of new tool on the market etc...

Farlz

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭fiacha

get him a
    leatherman tool. best bit of kit i ever bought. i have the old Wave, but the new models are even better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Hmm I think Id get funny looks if I bought me Da something that had a catchphrase like this...

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭wideband

im having the same prob at the moment too!!

its funny, you spend weeks wrecking your head for the best and most usefull tools that will be used forever...if you know what i mean...and then i think of some of the simple stuff i got him in the past that he loved...like a 1,500,000 candle lamp, his face just lit-up :D

wideband wrote:
    im having the same prob at the moment too!!

its funny, you spend weeks wrecking your head for the best and most usefull tools that will be used forever...if you know what i mean...and then i think of some of the simple stuff i got him in the past that he loved...like a 1,500,000 candle lamp, his face just lit-up :D

I'm not sure wheather thats meant to be a joke or not :p

Farlz

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭wideband

well the principle isn't, but i couldn't help myself with the last bit... :o

Advertisement