Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voice over IP Phone Systems

Options
  • 30-11-2004 1:58pm
    Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭

Hello everybody,

This crowd based in Ireland are selling Voice of IP phones and accounts to the general public

Voice over IP phones

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

Will be interesting to see their website when it is fully operational.

I have been using Babble (Website is http://www.babble.net/portal/ ) which I was introduced to in another forum.

I speak to the US and UK using babble most nights free of charge. Call quality quite good - not as good as using the landline but there again it is free. Well impressed with it.

Still have my eircom bills from the 80's and whow, were we fleeced or what.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

looks like a good site - nice one I am planning on putting VoiP in my new house in March

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

Just a few things to be aware of re: Babble.

- The download can be slow. I read somewhere that it is an issue with babble's own servers.

- The person you call using Babble may have a echo on their side, but I think that might because of my setup. I am currently using a desktop mic and the laptop speakers. Hoping to get a proper handset next week in the states.

Apart from those I haven't encountered any other issues - YET !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

The echo is probably because of the speakers. You can get a voip handset phone from Maplins in Dublin or Galway for 50 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 gummie02

Hi there, I dont know if this is in the right forum but i have searched a few links and there is so much on IP telephony, but here i am and hopefully you can help.

I am in a medium sized business with I've been told we have a primary rate telephone system with Eircom, and I've been told that our telephone system maintenance provider doesn't support our telephone system any longer and we must upgrade to the new system and have quoted some crazy figures to do this. From speaking to a friend of mine, he has heard of this Asterisk system that wasnt as dear as this but includes IP/ VOIP telephones. Please excuse my ignorance here but could someone possibly help here with this or point me in the right direction to look for a solution as I'm sure that if this company is going to invest this much money it will have to last for many years to come especially in these tight times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

You should try the VOIP forum

God, this really is an old thread to dig up

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Thread far too old try the VOIP forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement