Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wrestling fan club

• 30-11-2004 2:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭

Some Dedicated football fans here in Ireland are in a supporters club eg aston villa,man u and celtic supporters club.I hit upon the idea of a wrestling fan club where fans and supporters would watch shows and ppv from wwe,wcw,tna and ecw as a group and have discussions about different topics.Also for trips to the states to wwe or tna shows to America or when they come over here.

In this way information can be obtained quicker by members of the club and a newsletter monthly may be possible.Anyone interested in this idea?please reply

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭bob sexington

its a nice idea, but it would be very hard for people to get around different counties

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 DannyAu-Yeung

That'd be a class idea, but somehow I couldn't see it working. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭jesusjones

I agree its a great idea but itll be very hard to do,go for it though and see what happens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

On the same topic (kind of) dose anyone know if anys Collages have a Wrestling Soc? They seem to have Soc's for everything else nowadays

I think it would work . If done correctly and with a few dedicated committee members there is no reason it wont work. I am in the Blackburn Rovers supporters club (no smart comments) the discounts we got for being in that were great . We got sponsorship from IRish ferrys which gave us cheaper trips . We got a pub that would show our matches with free finger foods ect . I think its if you build it they will come . And if there is enough im sure more things would come our way .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

well if anyone is interested in building this fan club please let me know along with details and we'll see what we can get going.Dray,that sounds good.We could get a pub or a venue with sky sports and have a few beers watch ppv and once in a while have functions.

possibly a website can be made with interaction etc and for those who live down the country can use the website and subscribe to a newsletter.suggestions are welcome and post allocations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭bob sexington

try and find out where people are from.i might be interested.im from waterford, and my mate jesus jones is too.if he see's this, he might be interested aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

this has been tried before, but only works on a small level. due to the time difference a group cant really get together in a pub etc to watch live PPV. unless someone in the club was willing and able to invite strangers to their home. And watching old PPV's isnt as fun.
    the only way to sort it out would be for someone to Tape the PPV, and have it shown in a function room the next day.

I can actually get a Hall rented on the cheap as my family run it . The only hard thing is to get sky sports in . But im sure with a bit of ringing around there would be somebody to cater for it if enough were to turn up .
    I would be interested in setting this up also .So if there is anybody there that would also like to help drop me a mail .

well dre sounds like a good plan.I think if we get enough members to join this would be very worthwhile.also newsletters a website,interactive would be great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Sounds like a great idea, could be tricky to get off the ground but a great idea. Me and my friends used to get PPV's taped then watched them in mine with a few beers the next day, twas great craic, especially cracking open a few tins of dutch as stone colds enterance music hit on his return.
    And that was only 3 of us, so on a grander scale it can only be whopper, i'd be up for it anyway, and i presume the other lads aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭jesusjones

Well you should get a list of names first and then run it from there

anyone who is interested email me at blackbelt@campus.ie along with your info and details and i'll see what i can get going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement