Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The best heel and face of all time?

• 30-11-2004 2:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭

Who do you think is the best heel and face of all time?

I think Jake the snake roberts was the best heel of all time and bret the hitman hart as the best face.

Other great heels
    1.Ravishing Rick rude
    2.Triple H
    3.Ric Flair
    4.Chris Benoit
    5.Kurt Angle

Great Faces
    1.Hulk Hogan
    2.Roddy Piper
    3.Chris Jericho
    4.Stone Cold
    5.Mick Foley

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Unit00

Evil Rock is great and Stone Cold before the InVasion was brillant.

Paul heyman though is my favourite as a heel manager he could get anybody over given the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Angle is a great heel, as is Christian.

Austin is the all time top face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Unit00

Yeah forgot about Christian as a heel him going on about his peeps was great and the whole Christian/Y2J/Trish/Lita angle was goood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Heels of all time:

Honky Tonk Man - Drew cash like nobody by getting himself out or DQ'd, held the belt longer than anyone else and the crowd hated him!

Hollywood Hogan - Nobody expected this to happen in 1996 when he, Nash and Hall formed the nWo. Bret has to be kicking himself now.

Triple H - I hate this guy with a passion, for his persona, ring work and backstage politiking. That says it alone that he is the ultimate heel.

Earthquake - Go back to 1990 where in one week, he laid out both Hogan and The Warrior. Two of the biggest faces in the industry were squashed, one stretchered out. Now if that isn't the mark of a heel, nothing is.

The Rock - I hate this guy as a face but as a heel, he's comical. He has bugger all ring skill but he makes up for it with his mic work and facial expressions.

Faces of all time:

Bret Hart - Again, i hate this guy for his excessive whining, but has been over as a face for a long time. Find the world tour 89/90 tape and watch his match with Bravo in London and listen to the pop of the crowd for Bret's entrance, and that was before his proper singles push two years later. The guy is universally loved around the world, i just never understood why.

Demolition - I know this counts for two, but when you have a heel tag team that are so over that you have to hastily turn them face, then you know you're on to a good thing. Their best feuds were when they were heels though (Strike Force, The Harts at SSLAM88).

Ultimate Warrior - Crowds ate his entrance with a spoon, not a great worker by any means, but could be when he made the effort. I've yet to see a bad match with himself and Savage or Rick Rude.

Randy Savage - During his main event title run, he was amazing, too bad he had Hogan sandbagging him the whole way through.

Jake's heel days in WWE were horrible if you ask me, he had one incident (the cobra biting savage) and even that could be dragged so far because the times weren't ready for the Elizabeth beating bit. By that point The Undertaker was ready to go face and bury him, putting us all out of our misery.

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 DannyAu-Yeung

Heels:
    Honky Tonk Man
    Rick Rude
    Million Dollar Man
    Triple H
    Rick Flair

Manager wise I used to hate Jimmy Hart with a passion!!!

Faces:
    Hulk Hogan
    Brett Hart
    Ultimate Warrior
    Hacksaw Jim Duggin
    Thought the Big Boss Man was pretty good as well back in the day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

Heel I'd say H.H.H cus everyone hates him and Christian is obviously genius especially when himself and Edge we're the goofy heels and they were in England and charged the kid for the picture 5 English pounds....I bet you one dollar..CANADIAN! lol Genius

Face: Has got to be Bret Hart and Hulk Hogan(too obvious really)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Heels of all time:

Ric Flair - Loved himself.Unfortunately most fans didn't feel the same way however he remains the best heel in my view and I love him as a heel with Evolution so hopefully there will be no face turn.

Triple H - Following in Flair's footsteps nicely as a heel although I mostly dislike the guy due to his backstage influence.Favourite moment is when he revealed he was behind Austin getting knocked down and JR fuming:"Why HHH?!Why?!Tell me why?!"

Stone Cold Steve Austin - Brilliant as a heel I think.His segments with Angle and Vince were hilarious.Other highlights included seeing him screw the WWF in the Invasion storyline and when he won the title back off Angle with Regal's help.

The Rock - I was very anti-Rock right around the time the fans started turning on him from WM 18 up until Summerslam vs Brock.His feud with Goldberg was his best as a heel in my view including my favourite Raw of 2003 when he brought out Gillberg,wrote that song about Goldberg and told Goldberg,"I'll tell ya something else right now,you don't wanna wait to get your ass whooped this Sunday at Backlash?Bring your whisker-biscuit monkey-ass in here and I'll kick your ass all over Atlanta!"
    Not to mention at Backlash itself in his pre-match promo with Terri,"Goldberg,the Rock ain't next.You're next.Ya whisker-biscuit,bald headed b*tch!"

Ravishing Rick Rude - The heel heat this man generated was incedible and you really believed he was as full of himself as he made himself out to be.

Faces of all time:

Bret Hart - No surprise here.He was one of the greatest faces.

Hulk Hogan - Hogan likewise was a great face.Arguably THE greatest.Say your prayers,eat your vitamins etc and he was patriotic to boot.The ovation he got at one of the Smackdown shows before he left proved he is still loved today.

Chris Benoit - Just does his thing in the ring and is immensely respected for that.If he'd been pushed heavier during his title reign I think he could've become even more popular but that was never going to happen on the HHH show.

Eddie Guerrero - The fans stuck by him even when the WWE tried to turn him heel when he put Tajiri through the car window.Hopefully the fans will cheer for him over Taker at Armageddon.

Shawn Michaels - Surprised that no one mentioned him in either category yet.I think Shawn has been a great face for Raw and his popularity can be seen in his excellent matches with HHH at Summerslam '02 and Survivor Series '02.His match at the follwing year's Survivor Series was great also especially since he lost LOADS of blood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

By definition of a face i.e. good guy, you would have to give it to Hogan in the 80's. I mean, love him or hate him; you can't deny how popular the guy was. There have been so many better champions/wrestlers/characters than him but for a pure, wholesome hero which, as cheesy as it sounds, is what a face is, he was the best. And I know in terms of merchandising and ratings, Austin was just as popular if not more, but he was never really a face was he? You never would have seen Hogan giving Mene Gene a leg drop the way Austin stunned JR.
    I'm no Hogan fan, but he is the all time ultimate face.

As for a heel - Million Dollar Man, Bobby Heenan and Vince (Can’t believe no one mentioned him) were all great heels, but HHH has to get my vote.
    As mentioned, a lot of it may be down to his real life persona that is currently ruining Raw and has done for the past few years (Please God, break his leg, just one. Please ), but his performance with Austin when he revealed himself as the instigator in running him over was the best I’ve ever seen by a "Evil" character , so he gets my vote.
    Still sick of him though.

Advertisement