Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats everyone up to this New Years?

• 30-11-2004 3:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Well anyone got any plans, any good gigs, the pub, or party in house?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

house party, tbh. cheaper than the pub, and only the people you want there.

Are you inviting us all? :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

clonmel, tipperary. you know the date ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

I'm on call for work so I can't drink!! Having said that, I'll probably be at my parents cos my sister is home for new years with her husband and new baby!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

First time in years that I'm not hosting the party :)

Gang of my friends are all heading off down the country to a friend's holiday house in Fanore Co. Clare. Should be great craic and pretty cheap too :o)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

i've heard rumours of someone's holiday home in kerry and a big stack of drink. i've taken the weekend off work just in case. if that does't pan out i'll probably just end up going to bed early. new years is sh!t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

working in a pub :( but i will probably be drunk :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

new years already¬!!!! please wait till xmas is over

yeah but x-mas posts started at halloween so this is a bit late tbh :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

new years already¬!!!! please wait till xmas is over

I agree wholeheartedly with this person.

For the love of my sanity, lets wait at least till then.

Won't someone think of the students!!! Project deadlines, exams.... I'm in a semester based college which does not make Christmas or New Years all that much fun.

A.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Roar wrote:
    i've heard rumours of someone's holiday home in kerry and a big stack of drink. i've taken the weekend off work just in case. if that does't pan out i'll probably just end up going to bed early. new years is sh!t

Who told you that. Lies, i say, LIES.

Assuming someone gets the night off work, its down to Ballyheigue for NYE, and a new yrs day swim to look after the hangover.

thats a lovely spot actually and only a few minutes away from tralee :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^^^^^

Its a great spot, though I hear the pizzeria there isnt exactly, whats the word, CLEAN.

Lovely beach, few nice pubs. Its the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

6 of us going to Barcelona from 28 Dec to 2 Jan.
    warmer, cheaper, nicer than dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

woosaysdan wrote:
    thats a lovely spot actually and only a few minutes away from tralee :)

Ballyheigue a few minutes from Tralee??? How are you travelling - helicopter? ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

nattin. new years = overpriced, over crowded, same places you can go anytime load of bull****. unless its a popular house party i'll ber playin xbox with a couple of mates and a couple of beers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i got new years eve off from work but probably wont know until new years even morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Maybe the Rednecks in the Village, got free tickets for it so it's an option anyway. First new years I haven't had to work in four years so should be fun no matter what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

LOL talk about planning ahead eh. I never arrange anything for New Years I find you enjoy those nights that come together at the last minute far more than the ones that have been planned with military precision for months beforehand :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

b3t4 wrote:
    I agree wholeheartedly with this person.

For the love of my sanity, lets wait at least till then.

Won't someone think of the students!!! Project deadlines, exams.... I'm in a semester based college which does not make Christmas or New Years all that much fun.

A.
    Ditto and to make matters worse I'm in my final year!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

I aint staying in Dublin thats for sure,rip off,etc,would dearly love to go to this http://www.klubflyer.com/moondance/311204.htm but dont thinnk anyone would be up for it so ill probably head down to Wexford some friends have a massive house hired out for a few days.... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Finding myself recovered enough from my 21st three nights before to go do it all again for New Years hopefully...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Coney Island

My first new year in Limerick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

gobby wrote:
    Ditto and to make matters worse I'm in my final year!!

You'll never guess what year I'm in :)

Isn't it fun, fun, fun...

A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

Sleepy wrote:
    First time in years that I'm not hosting the party :)

Gang of my friends are all heading off down the country to a friend's holiday house in Fanore Co. Clare. Should be great craic and pretty cheap too :o)
    all my mates are heading down to wexford for three days of drug fueled chaos. i can only make it down on january 1st cause i have visit my grandparents in austria and i only arrrive back in dublin at about 9pm so i will be celebrating by myself....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

I have to work until 11pm that day, so I have to drive 35 miles home to leave the car, get to the pub and get drunk in less than an hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

so I have to drive 35 miles home to leave the car, get to the pub and get drunk in less than an hour.
    you can do it! i believe in you!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭cujimmy

Only place to be Glasgows Hogmanay George Sq Glasgow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

I've been told that we are having a joint house warming/new year's party ... so I guess we're having a joint house warming/ new year's party :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Have a house rented in Kilkee, Co.Clare for the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

b3t4 wrote:
    You'll never guess what year I'm in :)

Isn't it fun, fun, fun...

A.

well i'm a mummy of a four year old so to me its

"mammy how many weeks till santa mammy mammy mammy how many days till santa mammy mammy mammy " all thats in my head is fcuking euro figures!!!!

Advertisement