Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fm2005 is a lesson in frustration

• 30-11-2004 4:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭

God i hate this game back on the shelf it goes till si games patch their buggy pos game si games have turned into a right bunch of amateurs 3 seasons in and iv noticed the following....

You can’t play or have the Irish league playing or it will cause a ctd.

strikers cant score Henry ronaldo Adriano keep skiing EVERY single shot bar one or two they cant score one v ones either ****ing crazy might as well play div 3 strikers for all the difference it would make and this is with training set to overloading attack with shooting training around 5 times a week.

Defenders cant defend they part like the red sea to any attack iv only seen them take the ball off other players a few times the only reason you don’t lose 10-0 is because strikers cant score.

Goalkeepers aren’t much good.

Marking doesn’t work.

Stadium expansion doesn’t work AGAIN (42,000 + 7500 = 42,500 apparently)

Form and moral has no bearing on how the other team plays against you however it has a massive bearing on how your players play.

My two goalkeepers always seem to be on the verge of committing suicide because of low moral i don’t know why mind seeming there’s no way to tell.

Your players just forget how to play against the big teams even if your players are world class and this isn’t a one off happens every time.

Playing a player out of position just once will give him an awful rating and drop his moral to uber low.

Goalkeepers keep on playing the ball to the other team.

Finances are once again crap you lose money like theirs no tomorrow even when you’re WELL inside the boards wage limits.

Crap teams play one touch football you can only dream off i don’t understand this tbh.

Free kicks any where near your peno area will go in no matter how crap the the player is at taking free kicks.

Away games are far too hard.

Chelsea is under rated.

I could go on but why bother ill just wait and hope that the patch makes the game somewhat realistic.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

You really arent having a good time with this are you?

=== The agreements

It is a bit headwrecking with certain things the way they are in the game but i think you might be getting more unlucky than you think, rather than the game just being crap.

Away games can be very hard at times, but then thats why only top teams win away a lot. Home advantage may be pitched a little strongly though (getting thumped 6-0 by city is a little unrealistic!).

The goalie thing is annoying - if they concede more than one goal they get depressed.
    Man marking (epecially at dead balls) seems to be right out of the Arsenal school of defending.

The out of position thing is silly, but they are fixing it apparently, as well as the wild mood swings.

=== The disagreements

Goalkeepers dont always give teh ball away. The highlights just show it when they do, as its a key moment. The same with defenders defending. They arent going to show the players doing bread and butter stuff, just either when they **** up or prevent one.

I havent messed with the training, just let my assistant do it. In the old versions i did, but havent worked up the courage yet :)

Big Games. They dont come much bigger than Inter in the semis of the Uefa cup. Lost 3-1 over there, but held out for a (reasonably) comfortable 2-0 home win to go through on aggregate. Lyon awaits in the final. Also i have won or drawn most of my big games in the prem, its the little games that screw me up more.

Goal scorers. Name the striker that scores every time he takes a shot? Admittedly, some of the shots the strikers miss in FM are easy chances, but the percentages dont seem too bad (to me). I have JFH on 25+ goals and Viduka has 20+. Job and Nemeth both have 10+ and several midfielders are also approaching 10 each.

Currently winning the league with 2 games left and im the second highest scorers (after arsenal). Chelsea and arsenal are both a point behind me. Admittedly its a poor premiership so far - ive drawn 6 and lost 8 but im still top with 72 points out of 36 games.

Maybe im just lucky but im not finding it anywhere near as frustrating as you are. Although sayng that, i have the irish league selected so i guess that one is waiting to bite me in the ass in a season or two.

Also, anyone found europe quite easy? They dont press anywhere near as much as the prem - i walked quite a few games 5/6-0 in the uefa cup group stages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Goalkeepers dont always give teh ball away. The highlights just show it when they do, as its a key moment. The same with defenders defending. They arent going to show the players doing bread and butter stuff, just either when they **** up or prevent one.

Dont agree there tbh i checked my goal keepers stats from time to time they have a awful pass compleated rateing 11 passes 1 compleated isnt uncommon tryed to buy buffon but juve want 60 million for the fecker.
    Admittedly, some of the shots the strikers miss in FM are easy chances, but the percentages dont seem too bad (to me). I have JFH on 25+ goals and Viduka has 20+. Job and Nemeth both have 10+ and several midfielders are also approaching 10 each.

Oh i know they don’t score every game but Jesus when your midfield supplies ball after ball resulting in 30 odd shot but only 3 on target a few times running you figure something is up here but i cant figure out what that is :( .
    Currently winning the league

Ya won the league last year and came second the year before maybe that’s why i feel so unhappy simply fact is my players / team / tactics / what ever just isn’t working and when you see your world class strikers skiing easy chances it drives you to a rant :eek:

Dont agree there tbh i checked my goal keepers stats from time to time they have a awful pass compleated rateing 11 passes 1 compleated isnt uncommon tryed to buy buffon but juve want 60 million for the fecker.
    Do you have your goalies set on short/direct/long/mixed? If its on long/mixed, he could be just hoofing it up the field and your guys are missing their headers. Got a load of midgets playing in center midfield? :D Also, is your gk's passing skill any good?
    Oh i know they don’t score every game but Jesus when your midfield supplies ball after ball resulting in 30 odd shot but only 3 on target a few times running you figure something is up here but i cant figure out what that is .

hmm thats a bit mad alright. They should at least be hitting the target more often, even if they werent scoring. Do they tend to hoof it from long range a lot? I noticed that if the midfielders thread the ball through to the strikers, they often hit it first time rather than running on with it to a better position. One way i got around that was having my wingers a lot more attacking, crossing from the byline to the near post and playing a wide/attacking game. Most of my goals now come from headers/volleys insde the area now, and often inside the 6yrd box.
    Ya won the league last year and came second the year before maybe that’s why i feel so unhappy simply fact is my players / team / tactics / what ever just isn’t working and when you see your world class strikers skiing easy chances it drives you to a rant
    jaysus you sound like Arsene Wenger now :D

Do you have your goalies set on short/direct/long/mixed? If its on long/mixed, he could be just hoofing it up the field and your guys are missing their headers. Got a load of midgets playing in center midfield? Also, is your gk's passing skill any good?

I have him set to "pass short to defender" he just ignores me and blasts it up field anyways.....most of the time my midfield is 1.Duffer (out with a broken leg damn you Ireland and your amazing world cup run!) robben replaced him nicely though......2. Ronaldinho 3.Lampard and 4.Jaqulin (sp?) good midfield i think you would agree all with decent enough heading ability.
    hmm thats a bit mad alright. They should at least be hitting the target more often, even if they werent scoring. Do they tend to hoof it from long range a lot

The strikers don’t tbh they just miss from inside the box or when one on one with the goal keeper its crazy you really have to see some of the misses 2 yards out and ronaldo blasts a ball so high over the bar you swear to god its going to come out of the monitor and slap you in the face.Midfeilders are a bit different lampard and Scott parker are terrible for trying long shots but they only try it 2-3 times a match nothing to bad.

My strikers team is normally Adriano and Henry with back up of ronaldo and kezmen yet again not bad .

aysus you sound like Arsene Wenger now

My team is falling apart like arsenal at the moment :(

I have him set to "pass short to defender" he just ignores me and blasts it up field anyways
    Think i saw on the si forums that its a known issue. Ronaldinho, robben and joaquin (this guy?) wouldnt be the type of players i would expect to see heading the ball. They are magnificent players with the ball at feet, but not the strongest, nor the best at jumping and heading. Dont think lampard is either, though he is better at the physical stuff than the others. Some midfield though!

Maybe set the whole team to short passing?
    The strikers don’t tbh they just miss from inside the box or when one on one with the goal keeper its crazy you really have to see some of the misses 2 yards out and ronaldo blasts a ball so high over the bar you swear to god its going to come out of the monitor and slap you in the face.Midfeilders are a bit different lampard and Scott parker are terrible for trying long shots but they only try it 2-3 times a match nothing to bad.

My strikers team is normally Adriano and Henry with back up of ronaldo and kezmen yet again not bad .

Doubt its anything you are doing wrong then - hard to see those strikers missing all the time, and especially not with that midfield providing them the ammo. Save a couple of matches and send them to Joe O Reilly here or on the SI forums. Maybe he can tell you whats wrong, whether its a bug or all your players were accidentally blinded in a tragic canteen accident.

• Advertisement

Think i saw on the si forums that its a known issue. Ronaldinho, robben and joaquin (this guy?) wouldnt be the type of players i would expect to see heading the ball. They are magnificent players with the ball at feet, but not the strongest, nor the best at jumping and heading. Dont think lampard is either, though he is better at the physical stuff than the others. Some midfield though!

Aye joaquin thats the guy impressive midfield indeed i will be buying a world class Dmc after xmas in a effort to anchor the midfield assumeing i keep my job that is the board doesnt seem too forgiveing :( cant blame them after spending 100 million on the team over the last 3 years :eek: .
    hard to see those strikers missing all the time, and especially not with that midfield providing them the ammo

Yep brakes my heart to draw with WBA and lose at home (ffs) to celtic after dominateing the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

but fernando torres and you will soon see a striker that bangs in plenty of goals.hes very pricey tho.£44million in my current game.payment is staggered though so it helps

Advertisement