Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland A's back in action

• 30-11-2004 4:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭

Just read this today on the BBC i think it's great that they are finally getting back to some A international games.
    we need to have this level to bring on the younger players. gives them a chance at a much higher level, that they won't get in the celtic league. and most of the younger lads are not likely to get a run out in the ERC either.

Glad these games are back

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

yeah in the context of some of teh other chat in this forum, a very positive move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

That is fantastic news altogether. That means kinda bad news for the provinces so,they are goin to be badly stretched on t5he selection front but means good news for the old Internationals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I think ubers specifically referring to the Front Row ;)

I was reffering to the CL and what will happen to them.Might put them back a year or 2

Trojan wrote:
    I think ubers specifically referring to the Front Row ;)

indeed. Leo Cullen deserves some more time at a higher level as well though, develop a genuine 4th choice 2nd row. Find new scrum halves, O'Riardoin (leinster) when he regains his confidence. Some wingers!!!! Gary Brown again of leinster.

Lads who are playing well but need an oppurtunity to step a level but who would represent a significant risk moving them into a settled Irish team in a competitive game if an injury occured

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Does anyone else think that Cullen needs to gain about 4 stone?

Trojan wrote:
    Does anyone else think that Cullen needs to gain about 4 stone?
    he and mal are certainly lankier than their munster equivalents

Eh guys jump over to www.celtleaguerugby.com all four of them are about 110kg maybe after the 10wk training camp they seem bigger but looking at DOC he was always just a lot stockier than the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Very good. I think that only Ireland France and England are involved in this, so disruption to the CL should be minimum. Its a neccesary evil.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM..................................

Suppose ye are right CL isnt on over the 6nations so we should be ok.
    Actually feck that might be a great thing :D

Wouldnt mind seeing an A game or 2 they were always blood lust affairs to break into the inter side and that means some new players are blooded of sorts on the international seen.Could this knacker Scotland Italyand Wales again :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

Nukem wrote:
    Eh guys jump over to www.celtleaguerugby.com all four of them are about 110kg maybe after the 10wk training camp they seem bigger but looking at DOC he was always just a lot stockier than the rest.

haha dont believe any of it munsterrugby.ie has o'connell and o'callaghan them in at 17st(107kg) and leinster rugby says okelly is 116 kg. someones bluffing or else not updating i think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

O'Kelly is never 116Kg.

Aswell as all the points mentioned above, i think it's a great opertunity to get players fit again, especially for later games in the Six nations.

and of course to give some of the put of favour players a chance to prove what they can do.

besides a new front row, i think we need to develop a new out-half. Humphreys won't be around forever to cover O'Gara and putting a rookie outhalf into the six nations doesn't bear thinking about!

Advertisement