Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Band Aid Dilemma

Options
  • 30-11-2004 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭

http://bandaiddilemma.net/ -- Hope this catches on :)
    The Band Aid Dilemma....You want this record to succeed, because you feel for the plight of the refugees in the Dharfur region of Sudan and this project is funding aid projects on their behalf. However, you hate this recording and feel your musical ego looming and refusing to be bruised.
    The answer?

- Buy as many copies of Do They Know It's Christmas by Band Aid 20 as you can afford.
    - Destroy them in amusing ways, on camera.
    - Send us the pictures.

Charity. Violence. You know it makes sense.
    Anyone got any opinion on the song itself? I think it absolutely STINKS (particularly the rap lines in the middle that sound SO out of place, and the darkness-y riffs at the end)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭scribs

THAT IS f*CKING BRILLIANT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

i think its terrible the way people are criticising this song especially since its for a very good cause. I for one am delighted its going to number one. Plus people fail to realise they recorded this song for the 12-14 year olds of today who are too young to remember the original, they wont buy it just because its for charity but they might because they like the song

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The cause is absolutely fantastic. I can't fault the cause.

The problem is that the song sucks big donkey balls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Just because its a good cause doesn't mean it has to be good. The song is godawful.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

bopper wrote:
    Plus people fail to realise they recorded this song for the 12-14 year olds of today who are too young to remember the original, they wont buy it just because its for charity but they might because they like the song

So then, tell me why all these uber "talented" people couldn't of come up with a new song between them??

FFS Josh Stone thought Bob Geldof was called Gandalf!!!

As has been said already, nobody is doubting that it's for a good cause, it most definitely is, but I, like a lot of people think that the participation of a lot of the artists is a cynical effort to boost their careers.

If you want to help a good cause, give your hard earned cash directly to the charity in question, therefore cutting out the middle man and stopping the needless waste of the raw materials used to create this cack that will only end up gathering dust somewhere in a drawer because one thing is guaranteed, the new version will not be played on radios next year but the original will for many many years to come!!

B.

• Advertisement
Advertisement