Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What it feels like for a girl !!

Options
  • 26-03-2001 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

Madonna's latest foray into the realm of taboo came and went last night and, just as I had imagined, all of us who watched
    it woke up feeling the same today as we had yesterday morning. Like she has so many times in the past, Madonna made headlines recently by "breaking the rules" and making a video for her new single, "What it Feels Like for a Girl," that all three major
    U.S. music networks (MTV, VH1, and MUCH) felt was inappropriate for air-play. Unlike her previous music video no-nos, which featured subjects like heavy bondage and group sex, Madonna, with the help of her new hubby, Guy Ritchie (director of Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels), presented the world with a violence-ridden story of a women who goes on an eerie crime spree, with senior citizen in tow, that ends in an apparent murder-suicide (ala Thelma and Grandma Louise).

As usual, the tabloids and the music networks played up the big "one time only" airing of the video, calling it "newsworthy," arguing that it had to be played just once, so that the public could form its own opinion. But, when all was said and done, the supposed "shock value" was obviously missing.

On a whole, the video, shot in a hand-held fast-paced style, was good and Madonna's character was clear; She was one bad-ass ****ed-off chick on a pre-menopausal rampage that left at least one dead body in her wake. As for grandma, perhaps she was giving the old coot one last shot of excitement before attempting euthanasia by sports car. And Madonna, well she still looked sexy, but this time she opted out of the leather panties and buttoned up her stylish, yet conservative, suit in preparation for her joy ride.

But as for the "inappropriate nature" of the video. Well, I don't know about you, but I can't turn on the television without seeing someone get run over by a car, set a building on fire or point a gun at a cop. That's pretty much all the happens in Madonna's new video but, I guess when a four-minute film only shows gratuitous acts of violence without the redeeming kindness of some "good guy," well, there is the chance that some little girl may try to emulate her pop idol and run over a few of her classmates.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭tobi

Sounds great, any chance of a link to view this video.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I saw the vid last night on MTV - it was an excellent video (good tune too), but it does portray some fairly insane scenes that aren't appropriate for kids (because kids do stupid things - I know I did).

I'm not entirely sure why the old woman was in the car with her, but it does seem like a "One Final Bash" type of scenario.

Christ, the way the car get's wrapped around the lamp post in the end is madness in itself!

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Prepare yourself - The Beefy King stirs from his slumber...</font>

[honey i] violated [the kids]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Got a source for that Yo Mamma?

Luc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

Yeah i liked it, great tune and a video that i didn't think was that shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

I saw it late night on CNBC!

I'v been trying to find in on the net but no luck yet frown.gif

When I find one I'l throw a link up here ! wink.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement