Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must buy Goldeneye now!!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Yea, I saw one video for this a few months ago when I was slightly hopefull and thought "Er....wtf? ****e"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Brilliant review....really enjoyed readin it....such a pity the game is so crap cause the first was a masterpiece

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

yet people will still buy it. shameless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Was readin Edge in toilet bemoaning how ****e it had become ,came down and opened Eurogamer and read this. Over years Edge has gone to crap with reviws but EG stayed pretty good.

This one of the best reviews i have read for any game.

Some classics.
    The horribly rendered video sequences are edited together with all the skill and grace you might expect from a chimpanzee set loose on a copy of Final Cut after drinking a jug of espresso
    The mission scripted events are nothing short of bizarre in places; enemies spawn behind you or pour endlessly from doorways (because we all know that endlessly respawning enemies spell F U N in anyone's language!),
    We're more concerned with the fact that you can count the polygons in some scenes without running out of fingers and toes

I getting old ninty64 out later just to try beat 29 seconds on libary , unpossible for me :(

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Doh, and I rented it yesterday to rip to my x-box...

... waste of space? looks like it :(

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I was askin people what xbox game i should get next on this and included rogue agent as one of my possibilities. thankfully people pointed me towards reviews and opinions...i promptly cancelled my order and ordered pes4 instead...phew.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=203993

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's shameful that EA are selling this on the good name of the N64 classic.

Have to agree about eurogamer. Even Kieron Gillen's (think thats his name) stuff is a good read and i used to hate his reviews in earlier magazines. And those quotes that kdjac gave remind me of the time when you knew the the magazine writers where having fun in their job and not being pretentious arses. Reminds me of Sega Power, Superplay, Commodore Format and the old PCGamer.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Hopefully some miricale will come to pass and the orignal will get a new lease of life on the DS...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

once i heard how the guy on the cover got his goldeneye i knew it would be ****e.

goldeneye N64 was the first FPS bond and the best FPS bond

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Putting the "Special" into "Special Agent". - EG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

oh, how id love that. arn't rare now owned by microsoft? no chance of that then.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

This is a classic :)
    it's like watching a tramp drink a bottle of Middleton Very Rare whiskey or Bollinger champagne and then piss all over himself under a railway bridge.

oh, how id love that. arn't rare now owned by microsoft? no chance of that then.

Some vague new info:
    Bringing a port of N64's Goldeneye to the DS seems like a no-brainer for Nintendo. So...Is it happening? If so, some details please. If you tell me we're getting a port of Rouge Agent I'll throw up turkey and squash all over myself.

Adam

Another N64 classic. Like Wave Race 64, Goldeneye set a new high water mark for multiplayer shooters back in the day. While multiplayer Goldeneye on the DS sounds damn sweet, there is no confirmation the title will be a direct port of the classic original. Then again, it is called Goldeneye: Rogue Agent, so a handheld version of the recently released console game is more probable. Recent speculation would leave one to believe the coming DS shooter is a port of the N64 version, but we really can't say. But it wouldn't entirely surprise us, seeing as Goldeneye DS has a short development cycle.

-- Juan

http://ds.ign.com/articles/569/569198p1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Anyone watch/read the interview EG had with the producer or somebody from the Rogue Agent team a few months back? He believed that the game would be "genre defining" just like the original... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

The comments section on EG is superb for this review.

Its horrible horrible horrible they did this , i mean if Sony let same folk who made crash nitro make Gran Turismo 4 or 5 , or if Msft let Soldner peeps make halo 3 they would understand how pissed i am at EA for ruining Goldeneyes good name.

Doubt many people here played the original Goldeneye trust me its the best Fps ever! Better than HL 1 and 2 and all the dooms rolled into one.

Now in 5 years time i will say to someone "ever play goldeneye ? " they think i nuts cos of this ****e.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I don't think I put as many of my hours into anything than I put into Goldeneye.

Man With The Golden Gun on Facility.

I was evil with proximity mines. Backs of door frames, the front steps, back side of support columns, etc. God I loved that game...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Golden eye - N64: one of the best games ever. So many hours, so beautifully crafted and put together with so much love and attention

Gloden eye - Ps2: Ea's usual sh*te. Throw money at the advertising, put in some flash graphics (it doesn't even look like they even did that this time) an it will sell bucket loads. Disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

KdjaC wrote:
    Doubt many people here played the original Goldeneye trust me its the best Fps ever! Better than HL 1 and 2 and all the dooms rolled into one.
    i still play it to this day it's great multiplayer with 3 mates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/charts.php

well rogue agent is selling allright

• Advertisement
Advertisement