Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

...and in the darkness bind them

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

Sleepy wrote:
    FTA69 - now, after all that ranting, dogma, textual diarrhoea, irrationanlity and frankly búllsh:t from cdebru do you understand why I have a low opinion of Republican's as debaters.

Rarely have I seen someone with such an ability to blatantly ignore facts, the age we live in, points made against them and common sense.

cdebru, a suggestion: if you like guns and lust after blood so much. Take one, shoot yourself and you can martyr yourself "for the cause" because quite frankly, the vast majority of this island don't want you or your like here. The time for death and destruction on this island is over and unless republicans like you can grow up and behave sensibly like adults instead of like squabbling children you honestly would improve your organisations position by killing yourselves.

firstly I don't have an organisation as i have stated on boards before i am not a member of nor do I support the Provisional republican movement.I have something s I agree with them on I have some things I disagree with them on
    as I have with the Labour party and the Green Party and other political parties.I am not tied to any one particular politcal Party

secondly I don't like guns and I don't have a blood lust I can honestly say that I hope no one else dies because of the situation in this country at their own hands or anyone elses.

thirdly I have no intention of shooting myself or anyone else Perhaps it is a bit of a blood lust you suffer from yourself you just want somebody else to do the killing for you

How many more times do I have to say it there is no need for armed struggle in Ireland at this time.No one not me not you not the IRA not Bertie Ahern can say that the circumstances that would lead to armed struggle will not happen again.
    I hope the circumstances dont happen. But if they do then it would be very likely that some people would decide that armed force is the way forward.Now you can turn a way from that and pretend it is not true but that is a fact to understand that is not advocating violence now it is merely looking at the history of this country for the lasty 800 odd years.

your condesending atitude where you dismiss anyone who disagrees with your view of the world says more about your own small mindedness than it does about anyone else

the only people who have a right to preach about violence are pacifists
    everyone else agrees with the use of force they just disagree about when and how to use it

so if you are a true pacifist and you dont believe in violence of any sort from anyone at anytime then preach away
    is this your belief that violence can never be justified under any circumstances not just in Ireland but anywhere in the world
    if that is not your belief than you are an advocate of violence that is the arguement that you people here are making.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

Sleepy wrote:
    The party represent a terrorist organisation. To say you support Sinn Fein but not their violent counterparts is the height of stupidity.
    this is your lack of understanding of republicans perhaps if you ever got down off the high moral ground and spoke to them you might learn somethings

I have spoken to members of Sinn fein during the 1980s who argued that the armed struggle was counter productive and that the IRA should have stopped then.It came as a bit of a surprise to me at the time but the logic of the peace process and Sinn Feins involvement in it tell you that the vast majority of Sinn Fein members do not believe that armed struggle will achieve a United Ireland at this time.
    They also dont believe that armed struggle is justifiable at this time and from the fact that the IRA is willing to disarm they Don't believe it will be justifiable in the forseeable future.

The trouble is that most of you form your opinions on Sinn fein from what you read in the Sunday Indo you never actually bother to listen to what they say only what you think they said.

At least have the balls to listen to them criticise them if you think they are wrong but dont just dismiss them and their views out of hand.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭true

You are fooling yourself Cedbru and you are trying to fool us. Like you, I also had the misfortune to meet Sinn Fein people in the 1980's, but they did advocate the armed struggle. If the IRA have proved one thing over the years, it is that they cannot be trusted. If they decomission the weapons and semtex, fine, I will draw a line under the past and shake their hand and work with them for a new future. If they are unwilling to provide even a few photos of a few weapons being destroyed, that says it all.

Advertisement