Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC patch out

Options
  • 30-11-2004 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

/thanks baz

1.Online Gameplay

* Slowdowns for clients
    * Slowdowns during pause modus before taking freekicks
    * Pause modus should work properly now in freekick- and throw-in mode.
    * CPU kickers don't always aim for the center of the goal when taking penalty kicks (while playing in Solo-Player mode)
    * buggy player animations
    * many camera issues
    * "ESC" while in chat mode closes the whole window

2. Crashes

* Some weird crash fixed when saving a penalty on the disk in penalty kick overtime and trying to start a new match after that (resulted in a crash during the first half of the new match).

3. Formations

* Fixed some keyboard and controller problems in formations screen

http://de.gs.konami-europe.com/download.do?id=1999

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

how is that possible when the game isn't even released yet?
    although, somehow it found itself onto my hard-drive..

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

It was released in mainland Europe the 19th I believe...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

i take it we arnt allowed ask for cracked exe's?
    even though just about everyone here has warezed the game ;P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

cheesedude wrote:
    It was released in mainland Europe the 19th I believe...

that must have been where i got mine so :p

nah, i think they're being held off until the 4th Dec too...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Any improvement noted in online play with version 1.1???

• Advertisement

Definite improvement, it just ain't perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

cheesedude wrote:
    Definite improvement, it just ain't perfect.

aye much less lag...but still not anywhere near as tight as it should be.

the problem is the response times are not good enough for a client. you really need to be thinking a couple of steps ahead, which becomes problem in quick reflex type scenarios.
    bad job on konami's part. its only a football game ffs! the netcode really needs to be revised.

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    the problem is the response times are not good enough for a client. you really need to be thinking a couple of steps ahead, which becomes problem in quick reflex type scenarios.
    bad job on konami's part. its only a football game ffs! the netcode really needs to be revised.

Its impossible for me to dribble past people beacuse the timing is so inaccurate...Tackling is also hard to time with the lag.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

how do you get the patch to install?

• Advertisement

RE*AC*TOR wrote:

I totally agree. Response times are cack.

The question is, can they fix it???? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

cheesedude wrote:
    I totally agree. Response times are cack.

The question is, can they fix it???? :confused:

I would think no as its a football game and the physicis of the ball and speed of play are near impossible to code unless playing with sub 40 ping.

They could reduce it slightly or the real fix would be to have standalone servers, which cost money and as they said as this wad their 1st online outing cheap was king.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

well if they had included the option for dedicated servers it would have developed a comunity that would be prepaired to pay for servers

are most of the sales for pro evo on the ps2?
    if so i can see why they were so lazy when it came to multiplayer

tuxy wrote:
    well if they had included the option for dedicated servers it would have developed a comunity that would be prepaired to pay for servers

are most of the sales for pro evo on the ps2?
    if so i can see why they were so lazy when it came to multiplayer

Seemingly Microsft helped with Live (god it looks good) in some way and konami are cheap gits afraid of online. Shame pes4 dont work great used to play We2002 for hours online and mostly lagfree vs dsl players:(

Make some good games tho would like to see them try a couple of online games.

kdjac

Is FIfa laggy online ? There have been much more comple things then ball physics coded for online play. There is no excuse of the lazy attitude of konami regarding the port to PC. The whole thing stinks of " we dont give a **** " when If it had of been done well it could have been one of the best online games ever .. online leagues would be the ****!!!!

Tusky wrote:
    Is FIfa laggy online ? There have been much more comple things then ball physics coded for online play. There is no excuse of the lazy attitude of konami regarding the port to PC. The whole thing stinks of " we dont give a **** " when If it had of been done well it could have been one of the best online games ever .. online leagues would be the ****!!!!

Name one more thing thats more complex than a ball?

Fifa isnt laggy as its stripped down for online play , you drive the players around rather than play intricate passing football..
    kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    Name one more thing thats more complex than a ball?

A spanner.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

ok, so is there a league starting up and can I join?

Eskimo Friend is my gamer tag is anyone wants to add me :)

Advertisement