Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with 3com card

• 30-11-2004 7:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭

This may be a long shot, but I thought I would try it here.

NTL modem, plugged into a 3Com 3CRWE554G72 Wireless router. Router is set up as DHCP server.

We have two laptops connecting to this. One, a Centrino, has no problems with the connection.
    However, the other one using a 3com card (3CRWE154G72), is constantly dropping the connection. When the pc is first turned on, it connects, but after two or three minutes drops it. The I can see that it is searching for a connection (the LED on the card is blinking), but without success.

I don't suppose anyone could help me out here? I am starting to suspect it may be a hardware fault, but would like to make sure before trying to send it back.

It is a new card BTW, and has never properly worked.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I think that I have the same router and card as you, but I'm not pulling the card out right now to check. :)
    I think that I was having a similar problem to you when I I installed the laptop card initially, and the 3Com application would keep closing itself down anytime I tried to open it to mess with the settings after a second or two.
    There was an updated driver from the 3Com site and using that did eventually solve the probelm that I was having, but I did have to install the update and the card in a specific order to finally get it to work correctly though. Sorry, but this was a several months ago now and I can't quite remember exactly what I did though.
    Sorry I can't be more helpful. :confused:

Advertisement