Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whelans Thurs - Ballyfermot Rock College

Options
  • 28-03-2001 2:35pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

2 very good friends of mine were in that college together and they're unfortunatly doing the wedding thing frown.gif

However, they had a video done (as a favour to RTE who wanted to do some camera man training) and the entire group (4 of them) was very impressive. I did hear a CD that was made of the college that year and it was excellent.

I'd advise anyone to go for a look - you'd never know what you'd see.

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Prepare yourself - The Beefy King stirs from his slumber...</font>

[honey i] violated [the kids]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭UNIFLU

Once again the bands from ballyfermot rock college are playing in whelans, went to it last year and were some really good bands playing. pity though as most end up playing weddings and pub circuits when theyre more talented that a lot of us who just sit behind deska and post on boards!!

Kharn,
    Is a pity alright as some of them, well actually most of them are well talented. Suppose if you were going to do that course you would be pretty talented anyway and interested.
    Knew a few people wo did the sound engineering course there, one now works as a secretary and the other manages a coffee bar. They just couldnt find any work, tis a pity seeing as they were both very good.

Will be going to whelans anyway tonight for the session, is on at eight and should be good, taken tommorow off just in case it turns out to be a late night!.

Regards,

E.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

As always, it's not how good you are, it's who you know in order to make in-roads in the Irish Music Business.

update on whelans last thurs night, was a great night, bands were damn impressive, if you werent there you missed a great night.

E.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

The bands in Whelans the other night, I must say were very good. I just stood there looking at them all night. They were good.

Slaan.

• Advertisement
Advertisement