Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arts students

Options
  • 30-11-2004 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭

For those of you doing Arts (seems to be a lot on here)....what career do you want out of it?

I know lots of people are going to jump on the bandwagon with the usual "Arts and career in the same sentence? Ha ha!" and all that malarkey....but seriously, I'm interested.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭funktastic

'I know lots of people are going to jump on the bandwagon with the usual "Arts and career in the same sentence? Ha ha!" and all that malarkey....but seriously, I'm interested.'
    Yeah it does sound like you're taking the piss allright.I'm in third arts and it's just boring and stupid at this stage with people always going 'Huh arts degrees you can get one of them in the jacks' But seriously I'm intereste?! why are you compiling a report? There are many career opportunities available with an arts degree depending on the subject choices, look at the prospectus if you're that interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

I'm doing Arts. 2nd yr UCD History and Politics...

And since you ask; No. I have absolutely no f**king idea what the hell I'm gonna do when I leave college. That would require forethought that I'm just not capable of...

But meh, I'm havin' a laugh right now, and that's all that matters!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

funktastic wrote:
    'I know lots of people are going to jump on the bandwagon with the usual "Arts and career in the same sentence? Ha ha!" and all that malarkey....but seriously, I'm interested.'
    Yeah it does sound like you're taking the piss allright.I'm in third arts and it's just boring and stupid at this stage with people always going 'Huh arts degrees you can get one of them in the jacks' But seriously I'm intereste?! why are you compiling a report? There are many career opportunities available with an arts degree depending on the subject choices, look at the prospectus if you're that interested.

Jaysus....was just asking!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Well folks, I got a BA in Media Production, I walked into a job in the BBC 3 months after finishing uni.... so you can us me as an example if people say that people with arts degrees dont have careers.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Lump wrote:
    Well folks, I got a BA in Media Production, I walked into a job in the BBC 3 months after finishing uni.... so you can us me as an example if people say that people with arts degrees dont have careers.

John

Nice one!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

And the toilets have never been cleaner!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Well I'm actually a trainee post production assistant.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

girl living with us this year is 4th year arts [language && cultural studies]. wants to do teaching. :)

I'll refrain from the arts student jokes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

well im a final year arts shtoodent (single honours economics) and havent a clue -prob a masters in econ and some financy thing tho.

Advertisement