Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cap enforcement

• 30-11-2004 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Um where did you hear of not charging for going over the cap? Perhaps in the 2 month trial, but I KNOW of people who have been charged for going over the cap. Also of what Ive heard from a friend who has the service the pings are pretty much the same. In and around 40ms (like EsatBT).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

People here? I haven't seen anyone post here saying they were charged for going over the cap (and I know I haven't).

Comparing my pings to someone in the area that's with another provider (either Esat or UTV, can't remember), mine are about 10ms better.

No need to get defensive btw, unless you work for Esat or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

EsatBT is good for downloading and the pings aren't noticeable.
    with esat i used 16gb in a month which is twice their cap so im not sure if its there for show or something but i heard eircom charge 30euro for every GB you go over.
    i also heard Esat shut off you connection when you go over but dont know anyone this has happened to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Big P wrote:
    Um where did you hear of not charging for going over the cap? Perhaps in the 2 month trial, but I KNOW of people who have been charged for going over the cap.

if people were being charged for going over the cap we would hear about it on this forum
    so far the most i have heard is people saying "a friend of mine was charged" , its never them always a friend :rolleyes:
    i have gone well over the eircom cap every month for the past 11 months and have never been charged
    so unless you are sure eircom charge dont spread rumours

btw this is how i think it goes
    eircom dont charge for people breaking the cap
    iol disconnect you untill next month if you break it by a few gigs
    utv charge people by the megabyte for going over the cap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

UTV give you the option of having them cut you off or start charging you when you hit your cap limit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

koneko wrote:
    People here? I haven't seen anyone post here saying they were charged for going over the cap (and I know I haven't).

I'm pretty sure I have seen posts about eircom.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Adey2002 wrote:
    I'm pretty sure I have seen posts about eircom.

yep loads of posts on how eircom dont charge for caps being broken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Split off this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Big P

Probably should of merged this with the thread I made a while back about the cap.

Now for the esatbt stats:
    Month: November
    Over Cap by: 30GIGs

And its december and Im still connected. Which is good, as Im really just milking it for the free trial :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭Scenic911

UTV starting charging :(

Scenic

Advertisement