Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U.S. Phones & accessories

Options
  • 30-11-2004 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭

I'm a bit clueless here. The g/f is going to the states in 2 weeks and what with the dollar being nice and low I have an urge to spend!

I don't really want a new phone...At least I'm not willing to save 20-30eu but still pay triple figures, and my experience of North American phones & networks is pretty bad! What I'm wondering is if I could get a bluetooth headset for my 6310i? It is tri-band so is there any catch? Amazon have one for 99 dollars which wouldn't strike me as cheap.

Any advice? Would I just be wasting my money?

Thanks!

P.S. If memory serves me correctly is there some major flaw in 6310s and bluetooth security? :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

Bri wrote:
    I'm a bit clueless here. The g/f is going to the states in 2 weeks and what with the dollar being nice and low I have an urge to spend!

I don't really want a new phone...At least I'm not willing to save 20-30eu but still pay triple figures, and my experience of North American phones & networks is pretty bad! What I'm wondering is if I could get a bluetooth headset for my 6310i? It is tri-band so is there any catch? Amazon have one for 99 dollars which wouldn't strike me as cheap.

Any advice? Would I just be wasting my money?

Thanks!

P.S. If memory serves me correctly is there some major flaw in 6310s and bluetooth security? :eek:

Dude just go to www.expansys.ie. They have just about every Blouetooth headset for the 6310i from around €43 incl VAT, even the Nokia one HDW-3 Headset http://www.expansys.ie/product.asp?code=HDW-3&asource=116697 is only €57.95 incl VAT. Not that I'm plugging the site but remember Euro electronics in the US will start to get expensive as basically the US imports them from wherever they are built - that's not Kansas is FInland or China most lilkely!

Here's the one in Amazon, looks like the latest one http://www.expansys.ie/product.asp?code=108421&asource=116697 HS-4W Wirless Boom, it's €95 incl VAT. Not sure about delivery. You might save €10 or €20 so after delivery from US? That's about as much as you'd expect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Ah thanks for the tip. Giving expansys a look now!

Advertisement