Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ITTSU Shack

Options
  • 30-11-2004 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭

What do ya think of the SU Shack?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

its a rotten piece of cardboard? what do i win?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

a life time membership to the SU Shack!
    You can collect it tomorrow morning from the president

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Big P

tis a shack alright, but people i know on the 'tinside say it will be rebuilt (broken down in replacement of a two story shack). No idea when tho, prolly after we're all gone!

well like, the college is what?12 years old? and its still got that shack...Those pool tables, id swear the rolls getting worse on them day by day..not to mention the tshirt we taped to the roof above the second table, since the 3rd week in september thats been there :eek: i bet its holding the roof up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Ye ye I’m sure it'll get built after all the sports facilitates they have planned, you know, the ones that they said they'd have build next year for the last 3years. I mean, they haven't even started to do anything, probably hoping their new charges for photocopying will cover the cost, that and their new found joy of copyright protection, Oh sorry students we can't give you all a copy, that would of course break the copyright protection, so you'll all have to go get it yourselves, don't worry about that 60euro book that we told you, you needed, and never use. That'll still be there come next year, along with the sports facilitates.

• Advertisement

My mom spent nearly €400 on "required texts" that i "needed" for this year and like, I haven't needed to open one yet.
    The SU bought like, 30 new DVDs last week, and the only one's ive seen on(repeatidly) have been Bad Boys 2 and Old School...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

Is the shack a porta-cabin like?

Yep, a porta cabin, like they use on building sites....

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭rick_fantastic

yeah but its got carpet and stuff. real classy

And the whole place shakes when someone walks through it.

• Advertisement

Lol I know what you mean... hopefully the walls withstand the wind? is it nice and warm tho?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Chick wrote:
    Lol I know what you mean... hopefully the walls withstand the wind? is it nice and warm tho?

Oooh, you want the wind to go out! Though it does mean it's nice and warm.

i meant wind from the outside!?

Yeah i thought that was obvious myself.
    Yeah the walls seem to be ok, but the roof like, a rainy weekend and its sprung a leak.

Explaining the obvious eh lol, thought it was just me!

Surely if it lets in water when its wet outside that must be like really dodgy around wires n stuff....?

Nah the place is powered by thousands of AA Batteries :D Electricity??What ya think we are?A University?!?

Lol nice touch ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Big P

rb_ie wrote:
    My mom spent nearly €400 on "required texts" that i "needed" for this year and like, I haven't needed to open one yet.
    The SU bought like, 30 new DVDs last week, and the only one's ive seen on(repeatidly) have been Bad Boys 2 and Old School...
    Yeah, but Old Skool is bleedin' hilarious!!

That and some new simpsons dvd's are in and I think I'll make a few Season 4 Scrubs DVDs for the Union too...

so how's life in the shack folks? any icicles yet ?;)

The christmas decorations are up!
    So i guess life is christmasy(festive?) in the shack :D
    Oh and those "Craigy" posters/internet dating site ad things are quality!, and you don't even have to feel sorry for the guy like, he totally brought it on himself :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Burke

he didn't do it on purpose, his mates did it. funny sh*t though!

What's all this Craigy stuff, anyone care to fill me in?

Coughs *ahem* Rb!!

Lol thanks a mil... poor sap!!

Advertisement