Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iain M Banks

Options
  • 30-11-2004 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭

correct me if im wrong but the algebraist isnt a new culture novel???

any idea when there will be a new culture novel?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

Nope... it's a new direction, although there are very similar themes and overtures in the book to lots of his previous work.

I tend to buy anything he writes, but I'm thinking now (having just finished the algebraist) that I might have to count to ten next time before handing over the cash :eek:

It wasn't as good as previous works from the author, and I was so looking forward to it as well.

No idea if he is doing any other culture novels.. I suspect not since he has ventured into a new realm with this one.

c0y0te

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

He does produce some awful ****e sometimes, doesn't he? The Culture novels are superb though! Glad I read the response, before I got too excited about a new one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

His agument on similar technologies was that "form follows function" in an interview a while back.

Its the same, yet different. Go past the fact it has a crappy plot and its actually quite a fun book to read. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

I was tempted to buy it but most of the reviews I have heard have been negative.

* Tries to balance urge to have all his books against urge to save money *

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

Can someone tell me what the Algabraist is about? Is it any good? Contrary to a lot of people, I'm not a great fan of his culture novels.

• Advertisement
Advertisement