Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPS Receiver Recommendation?

• 30-11-2004 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

Hi - can someone recommend a good handheld GPS receiver for use in pedestrian navigation of cities? I need something that can download maps for different cities/areas. Some ideas on prices and where I might get the best bargains would also be useful.

Many thanks - John :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭jwb1

Thanks for the reply. Does the Garmin unit allow you to enter a street address and have the unit map out a route for you?

JB :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

On a similar note, and apologies for hijacking the thread, Komplett have a CF GPS receiver for the PDA for 90 Eurons.

It's here

Anyone know if it is any good? Also, what software would you pair it up with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 imre

I have an unwanted xmas present (2 weeks old) if you are interested. It's a Garmin Etrex Vista. 24 MB Map memory, Metro Guide v6.0 Europe, World Map.
    Metro Guide Ireland is preloaded (Street level map of Dublin,Cork, Limerick, etc; major irish roads).
    Item location: Dublin
    Price: 350 Eur

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Imre i would stongly advise that you edit our post and remove your personal details as you will spamed and all in all its not a good idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 imre

Thx TCP/IP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭jwb1

Thanks for the offer but I was actually inquiring on behalf of a friend who subsequently went off the idea because the handheld units wouldn't talk (unlike his car model). He wanted it as a present for his wife - they recently moved to a foreign city. Anyway, thanks again and I'm sure you'll find a buyer.

Advertisement