Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

usps sends packages to ireland and then.....

• 01-12-2004 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

where do they go then and if i have a usps tracking number can this crowd, (i forget the name) sort out where the **** my package is? i got cheaper shipping and thought that it would illievate any customs interference.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

wild_eyed wrote:
    where do they go then and if i have a usps tracking number can this crowd, (i forget the name) sort out where the **** my package is? i got cheaper shipping and thought that it would illievate any customs interference.

I find that crowd whose name you've forgotten to be the bestest delivery boys in the whole world...

Are you thinking of GLS by any chance? And how much was the package worth (with p&p included)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Rattlor

Don't get me started on those incompetent c*cks GLS....GRRRR!!! Idiots of the highest degree!!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭wild_eyed

right, the pack with shipping cost about 120 euros.
    i've had trouble before and got a number from here of a guy to ring or email, if i could get the same again, i'd be grateful. gls can go swiming in my arse

wild_eyed wrote:
    right, the pack with shipping cost about 120 euros.
    i've had trouble before and got a number from here of a guy to ring or email, if i could get the same again, i'd be grateful. gls can go swiming in my arse

Right so. €120 is well over the €22 max allowed, so if its been stopped by Customs you're paying extra son. Thats is the sender hasn't marked it as less than €120 (or as a gift)...then you might get away with it. Can't help with the number, try using the search function for GLS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Rattlor

E-mail this cock. He mailed me back before after I called them retards.

Terence Mc Grath
    Operations Manager
    Tel: +353 (0) 1 8606266
    Fax: +353 (0) 1 8606201
    terence.mcgrath@gls-ireland.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Customs don't take into account shipping at all. If the goods are worth $100 and you go with basic shipping (say $15), it will say $100 on the package. If you go with next day air shipping (say $40), it will still say $100 on the package. So there's really no logic in going with cheaper shipping in the hope of not getting customs on the goods :)

tinkerbell wrote:
    Customs don't take into account shipping at all. If the goods are worth $100 and you go with basic shipping (say $15), it will say $100 on the package. If you go with next day air shipping (say $40), it will still say $100 on the package. So there's really no logic in going with cheaper shipping in the hope of not getting customs on the goods :)

Wrong.

http://www.revenue.ie/pdf/pn1882.pdf
    The value of the goods for the purposes of charging customs duty is
    calculated on the price paid or payable for the goods plus the cost of
    transport (including postage), insurance and any loading or handling
    charges associated with the delivery
    of the goods into the EU.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement