Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bt Bb

• 01-12-2004 12:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭

Got BT BB at home and it was fine for a while now its interferring with the land line and visa versa :confused::confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Big P

Just wondering, do you get cut off your BB when someone phones in? Cause if so, you dont seem to be able to put a "2 phone splitter" into the "phone port" on the splitter EsatBT give you. I only have one usable phone at the moment... :-/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Its weird the BB does hang up sometimes when someone uses the phone and all that but then sometimes it doesnt.Phone is in another room altogether?
    Any ideas?

And Merky shutup-say something constructive or dont say anything at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

yadayada....

best bet is to remove ALL telephone equipment from the line
    move your pc to the main wall socket in the house
    plug one filter in there
    plug modem/router into the dsl side
    this will synch the line
    then plug a phone into the other side
    if the line stays synched its a matter of setting up your broadband piece by piece
    wheneve it loses synch that will show you were the problem is (dodgy socket, faulty extension cable etc)
    if at the wall it wont synch with the phone in use
    try another filter
    if it works then its a dodgy filter
    if not try ringing bt and go thru them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Thanx Chalk

Just writing them an e-mail this second

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

best of luck :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Vadrefjorde

I have also this problem with the last two months. I've tried everything you recommended Chalk.... An then some.....
    Eircom engineer has come 3 times now and done a line test and sworn every time nothing is wrong. Not any consolation to me though asd i'm still left with the same situation. I've even bought filters from different manufacturers but to no avail. I'm starting to wonder whether my line was ever suitable in the first place.
    I've ordered wireless from IBB now because i'm fed up of banging my head against the wall trying to get it fixed :mad:
    Hope it works out for you though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

What phone equipment have you got? e.g dect phones etc. is it possible that they go over the Ringer Equivalence Number

see http://www.accesscomms.com.au/ren.htm for info on REN

Advertisement