Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manics - Know your enemy

Options
  • 26-03-2001 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭

The critics are giving this a hard time - saying its more manic street preaching, trying to change the world. You see, this is considered un-fashionable; in the same way that coldplay is considered unfashionable. In both cases though its hard-felt stuff; to hell with fashion, I'm all for passion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Coldplay? Unfashionable? What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Derek Bell

Anybody else listening to the new album by the Manic Street Preachers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

I'm not.. thank God.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Zaphod Beeblebrox

I got no time fer Coldplay.

Know Your Enemy is ok; Found That Soul is a kickass song but I gotta say the political stuff gets in the way of the music sometimes. Not that I have a problem with politics in music, after all thats what RATM are about but then they do it properly, but with the Manics, well just listen to "Baaaaaaaby Elllllian" and see what I mean. Please lads music first and politics second next time. Ooh and did ya see the Manics in Havana? LOL no crash barriers allowed. Symbol of oppression you see tongue.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭StarScream

isnt know ur enemy a rage against the machine song? All together now........... "**** YOU I WONT DO WHAT YOU TELL ME *even though this another RATM song*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Know Your Enemy is bloody unreal album

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

Disappointing... very weak album.. frown.gif

But then how could they outdo the last two albums..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Good I FúCKING HATE THE MSP!!!
    With the whining and the biting and the locusts and the burning MEHEY!

DIE YOU WELSH MOANING W@NKERS!!!

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!
    art is everything and of course nothing and possibly also a sausage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Slosh:
    Disappointing... very weak album.. frown.gif

But then how could they outdo the last two albums..
    </font>

Ahem.... The First Three!! That is what you meant isn't it?
    Generation Terrorists, Gold Against the Aoul, The Holy Bible..., all far greater than the last two.

Advertisement