Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP - have you ordered yours?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Early adopters will get *stung* so badly with this turd. Same thing happens time and time again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

how much is psp in shops, didnt they say it was going to be around the price of DS a while back !?
    400$ the fock...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It is supposed to be around the same price as the DS. However with Sony purposelly (sp?) only making a ridiculously small amount of units to make sure they sell out and cos mass hysteria there is rampant profiteering. Expect the same shenanigans for the American and European release.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Eurogamer has some bad reports about it. Second Hand reports admittedly. Supposedly the PSP only last 90mins with Ridge Racer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

[nicK] wrote:
    .. i'll try and find that link now...

Is that from a reputable source?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Eurogamer has some bad reports about it. Second Hand reports admittedly. Supposedly the PSP only last 90mins with Ridge Racer.

I'm sure I read somewhere that they got 4hrs of Ridge Racer on one charge.

EDIT:http://tokyopia.com/tk/forum/index.php?showtopic=1628&st=15

The Setup:

The PSP reports 51% battery charge out of the box. The unit is used
    (to play assorted games and videos) until it shuts down due to low
    battery. It is then recharged to 100%.

Ridge Racers is inserted, and the AC Adaptor is unplugged. The PSP is
    powered on and as the Ridge Racers logo appears, the clock is
    started. The game is played continuously, with minimal time spent in
    any menus and absolutely no replays watched.

The PSP is set to 75% max volume and brightness 3 (the highest
    possible when using the battery).

Results:

At 3:45 - 3:48 (that's three hours and forty-five minutes) the POWER
    light begins flashing slowly. Note that the light stays green, it
    doesn't change color a la Nintendo's handhelds when the battery is
    low--it flashes instead.

At 4:03:30, just over four hours, the game is interrupted by a
    flashing low battery indicator, and the unit powers down.

So there you have it. Almost 4 hours exactly with max brightness and
    more than adequate volume (especially if using headphones, which I
    was not). Invest in a spare battery pack, and you've got no less than
    8 hours of gaming (unless you're using the wireless adaptor, I
    suppose).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Battery life is almost exactly what Sony said, nothing more nothing less. IGN have a detailed report on it and Gamesradar say it too. About 4 - 6 hours of gameplay, depending on how intense the game is. And thats with full brightness and sound, no wi-fi though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

Well thats me decided then. I didn't think I'd be excited about this given all the bad press about battery life etc but I'm heading to Hong Kong at the end of January anyway so will def pick one up.

Watching the videos on ign sold me on it anyway... still drooling at Ridge Racer... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Yes-asia are selling the PSP value pack at a decent price. They were going for $300 this morning, but there out of stock now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Ave

Finally, all the retards waffling about the battery life, can go and shut the fúck up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Indeed

I'm sure they'll have enough made by the time the us and european launches come around.

Advertisement