Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

body gaurding course

• 01-12-2004 5:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

any one know of any that run in this country

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Chipboard

Dont know of any course but I would advise that if you want to pursue this line of work you get a job in the security industry. There are courses you can do in conjunction with the job and it will give you a good framework for body guard work (cop on, basic knowledge of the law, ability to show restraint and not kick the crap out of someone etc). Mind you my advice would be to keep it a bit more general. I dont think there's a huge demand for body guards in Ireland. You would probably end up being a driver who doubles as a body guard which would mean you would really be a driver - like a taxi driver.... which you could do without the course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭tigerwex

i do work in the security industry and have done for many years in all different types of security and your wrong there is a big and growing demand for personal security in this country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Cole

The International Bodyguard Association are based in Wexford..check out www.ibabodyguards.com for courses.

Advertisement