Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 8 String "Leviathan"

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

When you consider they have jigs and templates for control cavities and pickup cavities, ya have to wonder...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Well, even if it does take that long, I believe it will be well worth it in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

You can't really argue with a one of a kind custom shop instrument, specifically made to your own specifications :cool:

Exactly. So why spend the same amount on a Gibson or PRS?

Because you get the Gibsons and PRS for a grand less from you know who :D

• Advertisement

Bleh!!!

You wouldn't believe how low a PRS is on my wanted list. Somewhere between a BC Rich Ironbird and an ulcer. :p

They wouldn't be top of my list either but that's just me. Gimme an Eggle over a PRS any day. Each to their own.

Tell me more about this Eggle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Eggle's are nice. there was one in FS musical insts a while ago. Tis sold though

eggle.jpg

Eggles are at least as good as PRS but come without the hype. I can personally vouch for this one. One piece Brazilian Mahogany body, mahogany neck, ebony fretboard, sperzel locking tuners, serial number 23 of 48, Eggles rock :p

Edit-> I had a tour around the factory when they were based in Coventry, they had a room where you could check out loads of their guitars, really nice stuff indeed.

http://www.patrickeggleguitars.com/range.html

• Advertisement

Yeah, looks quite nice. Shame I can't say the same about your carpet :p

Why do I get an Iommi vibe from that guitar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Nice carpet. And the guitar ain't bad either

Thanks, as carpets go, I'd give it a '7'!

As for the guitar, well spotted, tis the short lived Tony Iommi model (basicaly a customised Vienna I think) which I've butchered to suit my sinister aims.

Hmm, what a pic of the gear family some day Doc?

Eeen Eeeengleeeesh?

yeah, you should wheel everything into one room and arrange it nice and hire a pro photographer to take a tasteful portrait of your gear. Then hang it on the wall.

You, get all your guitars, amps, effects etc together in a room. Line them up nicely. Take a photograph. Post that photograph on this forum :D

Couldn't be arsed andI don't really have any effects, except for a wah and a tremelo pedal.

Ah, GWAN!!!

You keep appearing with new guitars every week and I want to know what ones you have at the moment.

Or at least give us a guided tour someday. I'll organise a minibus

• Advertisement

New guitars? I am old, friend, and like a stationary stone I have gathered a few instruments (moss) over my long and pointless life, not as many as you think though. Every instrument I have is different to the others. I don't see the logic in just accumulating guitars for the sake of it. I inly have two guitars at the moment (discounting the cheap junk I'm going to burn)

John2 wrote:
    Or at least give us a guided tour someday. I'll organise a minibus

Then off to the Brewery :D

Doctor J wrote:
    New guitars? I am old, friend, and like a stationary stone I have gathered a few instruments (moss) over my long and pointless life, not as many as you think though. Every instrument I have is different to the others. I don't see the logic in just accumulating guitars for the sake of it. I inly have two guitars at the moment (discounting the cheap junk I'm going to burn)

I demand pictures and videos of the cheap junk burning!

And you will have your pictures, sir. Worry ye not!

Excellent...

Been meaning to do it for years. Cull the herd. Tis all shyte anyway. Burn burn burn.

Cull the herd with burning. There's something in me that says that burning any guitar is bad.

Then there's the rest of me that's screaming BURN!!!

Well, if it's made of wood, it will float, and if it floats it's the same weight as a duck. So it's a witch. BURN IT!

Ahhh some guitars shouldn't exist, simple as that. Just re-aligning the universe, balancing things out. To those that don't make the grade, the fires of hell await thee. I don't think we'll need any flame for KH's Stealth though :)

• Advertisement

I don't like the Stealth.

There, I said it.

Oh you bitch!

I'm not a fan of the pointy shaped guitars generally, but I do like the Stealth.

I like the Bich actually :P

I think it looks like a dried snot but hey, I'm not getting the guitar!

The green one? Don't worry about that. He put up a pic of a black 7 string.

Yeah, I saw it. If it was the pointy head, it'd look better.

You need a strong course of real Metal, my friend, none of your Joe Satriani chrome guitar shenanigans, you need some pointed guitars and bands with logos you can't make head nor tail of ;)

• Advertisement

Aye, I'll admit my metal is quite weak these days. I think the pointiest guitar I like is an RG. Man, those horns can cut you real bad :p

FFS! :p

Dec29363new.jpg

Pointy enough?

Actually, I don't like that either..

Looks like good access to the upper register though :D

Very true that. Of course, you get good access on a flying V. And an explorer surprisingly :eek:

• Advertisement

See, there are good points! (boom boom) ;)

How can you live with yourself? Really? :p

You get used to it, you never actually enjoy it but you do get used to it.

What was the name of that old Gibson that was like a V but with the top half on backwards? Thunderbolt? Lightningbolt? It's doing my head in.

I haven't the foggiest...

I'm thinking that I'll wait a little while before I place my order anyway, no matter how I look at it, I just don't want to be hasty when taking something like this into consideration. Know what I mean?

Yes. Yes I do.

It's a lot of wedge. If you're unsure then don't go for it. You've really got to be happy that what you are ordering is what you really want.

No, I'm not unsure at all, but I would like to give it a bit of time. I'm very sure I've the details worked out, and it's going to be exactly what I want, but I really do want to wait a little before I do anything rash or spur of the moment.

Ok, a year has passed ;) mach schnell with the ordering

Both Fey and I are bored waiting for our loans of this guitar :D

Yes!!!

Yours too Doc!

• Advertisement
Advertisement