Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 8 String "Leviathan"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

No, I think I'll be holding onto it if I ever get it. You're welcome to try it out, under strict supervision from me of course, but borrow!? You've got to be joking me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

what about rent?

I'm sure what I'd want to charge would be pretty damned steep.

pimp daddy hungus

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

YOU!!!! Give me the custom!!!

That's if I ever get it, don't want to say anything, but it mightn't be untill March that I can order anything. Don't ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

March? Egads man, that's awful!

YOU, RICH BOY, SILENCE!!!!

Us drunk bastards need money for drunk!!!

Woooo!!!!!!!! No Dutch Gold For Me! Only Fruit cider and Jack Daniels.

"Only Fruit cider and Jack Daniels." ?

What has your stomach done to you that was so bad that you want to punish it so? Less drinking, more widdly widdly weeeahhhhhhh widdly!

• Advertisement

Pfft... **** off with your smelly posh "Fruit" cider. Guinness for me!

Oh, and no horrid Jack Daniels, at the very least it's gotta be Jameson!

And no, I'm really just gonna wait untill March because the way I see it is, if I'm still 100% sure by then, then it was MEANT TO BE, if not, then it's all for the best and at least I've not wasted a €300 on a non-refundable deposit.

I really don't know if it's something I just want for the sake of it, or something that I need. Because as it is, I've been in debt most of last year, and right now I'm not sure if I just have the need to be spending my money on something and driving myself into debt again.

I'm sure you understand, and there's nothing I'd like more than GUITARS! But jaysis when going for a custom made, I really want to be 100% on this. I've also been re-considering the Leviathan 8 String, and thinking that there's quite a few bits, such as the maple top that I don't really need.

You + 7 string LGM = TEH HAPPINESS

As far as LGM is concerned, it's 8 or bust.

Bull****!!!

Do NOT question me!!

You suck

• Advertisement

STFU, are you trying to get this thread locked?

Besides, as far as a 7 string is concerned, the stealth is just FAR sexier than the Leviathan. My opinion, my money.

Yes, the Levvy is far sexier.

And yes, I am far drunker!!!

I'm reading this and watching Shane MacGowan on tv. The similarities are striking.

I think you're best to sit on your money until you're 100% sure. No amount of flash custom bits will make you feel happy if you think you've gone for the wrong thing. Unless it's loads of chrome :rolleyes:

Ah yes, saw the Shane MacGowan thing too... educational and tragic.

KH, I think the Stealth is much nicer, but that's just my opinion. You're right to bide your time but, on the other hand, sometimes you've just got to take a chance. The 12 month waiting list would be a serious negative for the BC Rich, but if you're happy with the circumstances then go for it. I don't think you'll ever be 100% certain when buying from abroad, I know I always feel a bit of trepadation, but when you know what you want and you see how you can get it, then you've just got to give it a shot. It may pay off handsomely or it may not, but when the potential positives outweigh the potential negatives I like to roll the dice. Once your eyes are open and you're fully aware of what is involved if you feel it's the right or wrong thing for you to do, despite what any of us may say here, once you're happy just go for it man, if you're unsure then hold off, just don't allow the sort of nervousness that comes with handing over a large slice of wedge abroad on something you've never even seen hold you back.

You know, since saying that I'd hold off for a while to make sure, I've been spending most of my day grinding my teeth and muttering "IwantitIwantitIwantit!" over and over... I've been thinking it could be an idea to email them and see do they actually have any 7 String Stealths in stock at the moment, even though it wouldn't be 100% what I want, it would probably be considerably cheaper, and I'm sure the 12 month period would be an absolute living hell. But I'm really sure I don't want to compromise on this at all.

• Advertisement

Email them. Do it!

Perhaps look at it the Michael Collins way - "The freedom to win freedom" - ie, get a regular 7 string Stealth for perhaps half of what the custom model would cost. You'll get it sooner, it won't break you financially and it will give you time to learn what it is you like/dislike about it. Then, in time, you can order the custom at your leisure, when you are more sure about what exactly you want and you'll know for damn sure that the custom is the guitar of your life. Either way, you sound like you know how this is going, so instead of thinking "why?" try thinking "why not?"

Ah tbh Doc, the custom job isn't much more expensive at all, just a few hundred more. I seriously doubt it'd be worth getting a standard one almost for the sake of seeing would the custom be worth it. Pointless really.

Ahhh I see, I wasn't sure of the price discrepancy. I wasn't suggesting to see if the custom would be worth it, rather to use the stock model to make entirely sure what it is you'd want on the custom. - ie, you'd end up with two guitars using the J Method, over a reasonable period of time, of course :D

Naw, I honestly couldn't see the point in having two guitars that basically do the same thing. As it is, the two guitars I've got are both very different and I use them for different things, styles and whatnot. Lets say, the virgin having the Floyd makes alternate tunings a bitch, hence the mockingbird with fixed bridge which is piss easy to play about with.

2 7-string Stealths, what's the point really? Sure, for the price of the second Stealth I'd nearly have the 8 String Leviathan, so why on earth would I shell out on two costly guitars that basically do the same thing, when I could get two very different guitars that are for different purposes?

You flog the first one when the custom finally arrives.

Naw, bollocks to that really.

Ahhhh well, twas worth considering. So you seem to be more sure of yourself than yesterday, what are you thinking of doing now?

I'm as sure of myself as I was yesterday and I'm sure you know what I'm think of doing now, because it's not changed. You dig it? I'm not staving off placing an order because I'm unsure, I just want to make sure.

Ok, I was refered to a place called The Music Zoo from the BC Rich message boards, and I got back a reply from them on the same exact specs I gave to Guitar Asylum. So it works out €2400 from Guitar Asylum, and €2200 from Music Zoo, but the real good news is that they said to expect a 6 month build period, give or take. :D

Now that's a hell of a lot more encouraging, eh?

• Advertisement

Indeed it is :D

Oh, and check out some of these beauties. Gorgeous!

Yeah, they're nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 LGM Guitars

hey guys, sorry I haven't been around lately, been busting my butt trying to get things ready for NAMM and keep on top of a few things here.
    Here is a sneak peak of the Leviathan going to NAMM

NAMM3.jpg

Hee, already posted it mate :D

Can't blame you getting ready for NAMM, Jeremy.
    Best of luck!

Now, as for my Stealth, I've been doing some serious thinking, and I'm definetly glad I've given myself time to work out all the bugs, so to speak, as I'm really not sure whether to get an Original Floyd Rose, or just a fixed bridge of some manner. I really love the floyd on my Virgin, but it can be a right pain in the hole sometimes. :/

Wait til you try and restring a 7 string FR. Not fun :(

Yeah, I dread the thought... Still, now that I've switched from D'Addario to Ernie Ball, I find my strings have a hell of a lot more longevity to them, so I don't need to change 'em that often at all.

I didn't like Ernie Balls for some reason. I think they kept snapping on me.

• Advertisement

I like this one, not too flash but distinctive:
    koamocksupremefull.jpg

Can't fault Ernie Ball strings, use them on both my guitar and my bass

tbh John, if I could sell my current Virgin and Mockingbird, and got that fellow and the custom stealth instead, I'd be one happy camper altogether.

And of course, a Mark IV to run 'em through. :D
    Sweetness divine!

tbh John, if I could sell my current Virgin

:D

Har dee har har...

Well, to be quite honest, I don't think I'd really ever sell my current BC Riches, as I'd never get anywhere near as much money comparative to how much they mean to me, so it would be pointless altogether.

Plus it means you've got more guitars which is never a bad thing. I'm still too fumbly on the guitar to warrant buying a new one, I'll just bash away at my Epi Les Paul for a while (although in saying that there's absolutely nothing wrong with it, especially for what I do).

I want an Epi LP. But Doc J won't let me :p

• Advertisement

he's not your daddy you know...

Pfft... I'm sure there's far better guitarists out there who don't have half the gear I do already. The way I look at it is that if you enjoy it, and really enjoy playing, then that pretty much justifies any price tag as long as you're willing to pay it.

Oh... Tell me more

Pfft... I'm sure there's far better guitarists out there who don't have half the gear I do already. The way I look at it is that if you enjoy it, and really enjoy playing, then that pretty much justifies any price tag as long as you're willing to pay it.

well I enjoy the bass more so I'm buying myself a decent amp :D

feylya wrote:
    I want an Epi LP. But Doc J won't let me :p

Well then ignore his advice! I mean, I ignore you concerning the Stealth.

• Advertisement
Advertisement